close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Error after installing Security Assist

Thread began 1/10/2011 3:42 pm by brockfam5387000 | Last modified 1/19/2011 1:06 pm by Jason Byrnes | 6744 views | 23 replies |

brockfam5387000

Error after installing Security Assist

After installing Security Assist I went to login to the Power CMS on the same website and this is the error I am getting - can anyone help?

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wwwecsu/public_html/powercms/WA_SecurityAssist/HelperGroupsRulesPHP.php:57) in /home/wwwecsu/public_html/powercms/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php on line 9

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/wwwecsu/public_html/powercms/WA_SecurityAssist/HelperGroupsRulesPHP.php:57) in /home/wwwecsu/public_html/powercms/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php on line 9

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wa_authenticateuser() (previously declared in /home/wwwecsu/public_html/powercms/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php:19) in /home/wwwecsu/public_html/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php on line 48

Thanks
Mike

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please send a copy of the WA_SecurityAssist/HelperGroupsRulesPHP.php file so I can examine the code.

brockfam5387000

PHP File

Here is the file - thank you for helping - let me know if you need anything else

Mike

Attached Files
HelperGroupsRulesPHP.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

there are 2 blank lines at the very end of this file right after the closing php tag"?>", those blank lines are causing the error, please delete them.

brockfam5387000

PowerCMS still a problem

Jason, Thanks for your quick response - I removed those two lines and still getting this error when I try to login:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/wwwecsu/public_html/powercms/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php:23) in /home/wwwecsu/public_html/powercms/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php on line 9

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/wwwecsu/public_html/powercms/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php:23) in /home/wwwecsu/public_html/powercms/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php on line 9

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wa_authenticateuser() (previously declared in /home/wwwecsu/public_html/powercms/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php:19) in /home/wwwecsu/public_html/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php on line 48

Let me know what you think
Thanks
Mike

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this suggests something similar in the powercms/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php file around line 23, send a copy of that file.

output started at /home/wwwecsu/public_html/powercms/WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php:23

brockfam5387000

PHP File

Jason - here is the PHP file

Attached Files
WA_Globals.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this file has somehow become double spaced, download a fresh copy oit from the download center, and upload the fresh copy to your server.

brockfam5387000

Still having problems

I downloaded new file and replaced like you said but now I am getting this

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/wwwecsu/public_html/powercms/admin/users_login.php:3) in /home/wwwecsu/public_html/powercms/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php on line 5

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wa_authenticateuser() (previously declared in /home/wwwecsu/public_html/powercms/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php:10) in /home/wwwecsu/public_html/WA_SecurityAssist/Helper_PHP.php on line 48

This all happened when I installed Security Assist

It was all working great before i installed - how can this happen?

Please help!

Thanks!
Mike

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the headers already sent error means that there is output to the page it is being reported at line 3 in the last error you sent:
output started at /home/wwwecsu/public_html/powercms/admin/users_login.php:3

I'll need to see a copy of the users_login.php page to tell what is causing the error.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...