close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

contact us instructions

Thread began 1/06/2011 7:48 am by segalmedia367166 | Last modified 1/26/2011 9:39 am by Jason Byrnes | 7511 views | 61 replies |

segalmedia367166

contact us instructions

It does not appear that my contact form is working. I was assuming that i would get an e-mail sent to the address that I originally set my site up with.

contactus.php

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

who is your hosting company?

in the settings, what did you enter for the SMTP Server?

It is forwarding to the thankyou.php page so it is trying to pass the email to the smtp server.

Either the smtp server address is not correct, or there is a problem on the smtp server end that is preventing the email from being relayed to the recipient.

segalmedia367166

thanks

Thanks, I will look into my smpt server. I am with godaddy.com

Lisa

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

GoDaddy is notoriously troublesome with sending emails.

for the smtp server address, use:
smtp.secureserver.net

PowerStore uses the php mail() function for sending the email. Windows hosting packages on godaddy do not support php mail(), you will need to ensure you are using linux hosting, and even then, the php mail() is only available with php 5 on GoDaddy, so make sure your site is configured to use php 5.

segalmedia367166

still having contact issues

I spoke with godaddy here is what I discovered:

1. My form mailer info is correct.
2. I have php 5 running Linux
3. They asked me if I need to mofify the form mailer to reflect relay-hosting.secureserver.net

can you advise me as to how I should proceed and what I need to modify?
Below is an additional message from godaddy

"What email or relay server should I use in my PHP code?

If you use the mail() function in your PHP, you do not need to specify an outgoing mail server. If you are using some other method besides mail() in your PHP code, use relay-hosting.secureserver.net for your relay server.

NOTE: A maximum of 1000 emails per day are allowed through our relay servers."

segalmedia367166

still waiting for help

I spoke with godaddy here is what I discovered:

1. My form mailer info is correct.
2. I have php 5 running Linux
3. They asked me if I need to mofify the form mailer to reflect relay-hosting.secureserver.net

can you advise me as to how I should proceed and what I need to modify?
Below is an additional message from godaddy

"What email or relay server should I use in my PHP code?

If you use the mail() function in your PHP, you do not need to specify an outgoing mail server. If you are using some other method besides mail() in your PHP code, use relay-hosting.secureserver.net for your relay server.

NOTE: A maximum of 1000 emails per day are allowed through our relay servers."

Lisa E. Segal
Last edited by segalmedia367166; 01-08-2011 at 01:51 AM. Reason: added info

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the power store settings tab, go to the site settings section to set the Email server, it looks like they are sugesting relay-hosting.secureserver.net as the email server.

segalmedia367166

please clarify

"In the power store settings tab, go to the site settings section to set the Email server, it looks like they are sugesting relay-hosting.secureserver.net as the email server. "

Please clarify:
I have nothing entered in the site settings, email server box. What are you suggesting I type in that space? Would I enter in the words "relay-hosting.secureserver.net" (no quotation marks)?

segalmedia367166

contact us still not working

I entered relay-hosting.secureserver.net in the Site Settings, email server section and I am not receiving my test messages. Where do I find the settings that direct e-mails (ie where would one enter the e-mail address to send contact submissions to)? Perhaps I did not enter that info correctly.

I went to contact form emails section and entered in my e-mail address. I closed the tab, reloaded my contact page with no luck.

Also, should I see a "thankyou.php" page once the contact form is submitted? I do not see this. Once I fill out the form I am sent back to the original blank contactus.php page

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

well, yes, you should see the thankyou.php page. if it is not directing to the thank you page, then either there is an error occurring, or the email code is not triggering.

try changing the following code in the contact us page:

php:
if ((($_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"] == "POST") && (isset($_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"]) && strpos(urldecode($_SERVER["HTTP_REFERER"]), urldecode($_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].$_SERVER["PHP_SELF"])) > 0) && isset($_POST)))     {

to:

php:
if (isset($_POST["Contact_Name"])) {

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...