close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Using SCC Form Builder

Thread began 1/04/2011 1:26 pm by leonard.edmunds359104 | Last modified 1/06/2011 11:01 am by Ray Borduin | 3015 views | 11 replies |

leonard.edmunds359104

Using SCC Form Builder

When I use CSS Form Builder as a fresh installation, on a new Mac, after saving and inserting on my page, I get an error message saying: Error generating buildFieldGroup TypeError: ShowlfObj.setParams is not found. When I click OK, the error message repeats. This happens a toal of 14 times. When it has finished, I get another message that the document contains javascript code for a widget that no longer exists. I'm then advised to remove the 7 types of code, i.e. for each of my 7 fields that need Validation I get a message saying Widget var (name of field)-Spry = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextField("Nameoffield-Spry", "none", (validateOn:('blur")))

The part of the form that is then inserted is unusable. I have tried de-installing/re-installing 3 times, using a new download of the extension, and deleting the Cache etc. But still the same error.

What's gone wrong?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

see this thread for a fix to the issue:
showpost.php?p=82401&postcount=2

leonard.edmunds359104

No success

Thanks Jason, following your path Configuration/Shared/WebAssist/FormBuilder, I don't have a WestAssist file, nor therefore a Form Builder file. I installed the file file to replace the only other shared.js file which was in the folder Configuration/Shared/Dinamico.

After reinstalling CSS Forms Builder, installing the fix as stated above, clearing the cache, the same problem exists.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Use windows explorer and type in:

%appdata%

That will take you to the correct starting folder that should allow you to drill down to the correct Configuration folder where you can replace the correct file.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

leonard.edmunds359104

On a Mac ....

Hi, I'm using a Mac - i.e. no Windows Explorer...
Tried it in Safari no joy

But I've found the folder, and Configuration folder, and the only shared.js file in in GoogleMapsPro.

Since my last message, however, whenever I load Dreamweaver I get three error messages during load.
The first says "Unable to find WA_Memento.htm in the Configuration/Floaters directory. The floater will not be shown"
Then it gives the same message but this time the WA_SiteTools.htm can't be found, and lastly the WA_SiteTools_Progress.htm can't be found.

I then deleted all the WA extensions, and reloaded CSS Form Builder and MapsPro - only to get the same eroor messages on loading Dreamweaver.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Go to Window->Workspace Layout->Reset 'your layout'

and it should get rid of those errors.

leonard.edmunds359104

Some problems resolved but ...

Thanks for the input, which resolved those error messages, but I still have the original problem remaining - ie when I try to insert the form I get a message saying
"Error generating: buildFieldGroup TypeError: ShowlfObj.setParams is not a function.
This is repeated 12 times - i.e. once for each field on the form.

According to the Forums, I need to replace the shared.js folder, but there was not one to replace. I have inserted it into the WebAssist/FormBuilder folder (see attached), but to no avail.

I also have the problem that the email details that I enter on the Form Function tab are not remembered.

Having used other WA products, this extension seems decidedly flakey judging by my experiences and the other posts on the Web. It certainly has not proved a time saver!

I'm using a Mac OSX 10.6.5, and CS5

Please advice on what I can do next...
Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you didn't find the file, then you were looking in the wrong place... I'll open a support incident so that we can have an engineer contact you and help you replace the appropriate file.

neilo

This post has been deleted.

leonard.edmunds359104

shared.js search

Thanks for your response, Ray, and happy to talk to one of your colleagues, but I have now done several searches for the shared.js folder with no success. So it doesn't seem that I am looking in the wrong place. The only such file is in a folder named Dinamico.

Similarly, searches for webassist result in no folders with anything like the root you suggest, and none with the shared.js file.

I look forward to your response.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...