close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

State Drop down List

Thread began 1/04/2011 12:26 pm by kelly341459 | Last modified 1/05/2011 4:13 pm by Ray Borduin | 2333 views | 7 replies |

kelly341459

State Drop down List

I need to add a drop down list for states. Is this something that is automatic or do I have to manually type in every state in a list? I can't find any option for it.

thanks,

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the edit form contents window, click the plus button to add a new Field Set.

Select the Group in the field set, then change the Category Dropdown to lists and the type to States.

See the attached screen shot.

kelly341459

OK, I see that. I created a form, but there are problems:

I de-selected State to be required, but it is showing that it is a required field.
The date picker is not working, it seems to be just a text box.

Here is the address of the form, so far: appointment.php

Also, how do I change the "Submit" button to something less ugly and obtrusive? I know how to change the wording for the button, but how do I change the button itself?

Thank you.

kelly341459

One more important question. Now that I have created the form, how do I open up Form Builder again to edit it?

kelly341459

Also, now I am getting an error whenever I click "Finish" on a form edit page:

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 22
Char: 38
Error: Expected ""
Code: 0
URL: file:///C:/Documents$20and$20Settings/myname/Application$20Data/Adobe/Dreamweaver%20CS4/en_US/Configuration/Shared/WebAssist/Preview/waf

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the page in your link does not appear to be a form builder for?

can you send a copy of the page in a zip archive so i can see the code to determine what is causing the problems.

To edit a form after creating it, click on the blue bounding box that surrounds the form in design view. See the getting started guide -> Reentering the interfaces section for more details:
css-form-builder2_gsg.php

To change the look of the submit button, click on the edit css button in form builder. Select the buttons category from the initial select list, this will allow you to set all of the options for the look of the buttons.

kelly341459

You are correct the form currently on the site is not from WebAssist CSS Form Builder. My client needed the website up and running this week and since WA Form Builder was not working correctly, I went to Coffee Cup software and purchased their From Builder (for $39) and had a form in up in less than 30 minutes that is working perfectly.

I am out of town today, but I would like support to help me figure out what is wrong with my WA product. If it can't be fixed by the end of the week I will be requesting a full refund. My contact information is still in the support ticket that was created yesterday, I would like Jason to contact me tomorrow or Friday if possible. Please respond to the support ticket or this forum to let me know what the next step will be.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I didn't see an open support ticket for you, so I opened on for this issue. Someone will be in contact with you before Friday (probably tomorrow).

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

MikeyT

this might help...

This post has been deleted.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...