close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DFP Delete File using checkbox

Thread began 6/22/2009 5:13 am by Travis250923 | Last modified 8/19/2009 7:13 am by Ray Borduin | 6778 views | 12 replies |

Travis250923

DFP Delete File using checkbox

I have a table in my database that is for additional product images. It associates an item with an image in a single row and can have multiple rows for the same item.

To prevent a lot of junk files from being left on the server I want to display these pictures in the admin section and allow them to be deleted along with the associated record in the database. I want them to select these by using a checkbox.

Obviously each check box needs a unique name/id which is done using DataAssist with the repeat region and delete multiple records. However when server language appears in the name/id field of the checkbox it is not available in DFP to select in the binding when trying to select the file name to delete.

Is this possible w/DFP and DataAssist? Perhaps a different database design to get the same results?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Use the DataAssist "repeat selection" instead of the Dreamweaver "repeat region" it has extra necessary functionality needed to work with multiple update forms.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Travis250923

I'm pretty sure I used that instead of the DW repeat

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Make sure your checkboxes are in the form before you apply it. It should rename them to have a dynamic name. That should also be what makes them appear in the available list (the dynamic name).

Of course this is just a stab in the dark. I would have to look a the files to see for sure. Perhaps you should submit a support incident if you are still having difficulty.

Travis250923

Its the presence of the server side code that is preventing it from showing up in the binding. If I remove the php code and just have a static name I can select it no problem. I posted a support ticket and uploaded some files.

Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It should be selectable from the dropdown list and no longer from the bindings.

Travis250923

There is no drop down. I'm referring to Digital File Pro...DataAssist has the dropdown that you're referring to.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I see... you are trying to do a multiple delete in conjunction with your multiple update and the delete is where you are having trouble.

I see now. Sorry for being lost there for a moment. I see.... I don't think file delete will work with multiples like this without hand coding.

I would probably apply the delete file with basic values... then cut and paste the delete code directly after your database delete SQL statement inside the existing loop.

Since it isn't directly supported, that would be the only option for now. We would have to create a "multiple file delete" server behavior to account for something like this and one simply does not exist.

Travis250923

Yea I just got a response from the support ticket w/a similar answer. Good to be consistent :). I'll see what I can do and will likely be back.

Thanks

Travis250923

So I thought I had this working and then revisited it as I was testing and its not working at all.

I added the DFP delete, the moved it into the loop just after the delete statement but I can't get it to delete the images and the associated recordset. I tried to post all the code below but it was too much so I attached the file.

Attached Files
additionalproductimages.txt

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...