close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Visitors_EmailPW.php CGI Abuse Alerts

Thread began 1/03/2011 2:54 pm by sadie406824 | Last modified 1/04/2011 7:45 am by sadie406824 | 2061 views | 2 replies |

sadie406824

Visitors_EmailPW.php CGI Abuse Alerts

So I received a "Spam Complaint from CGI Abuse that I am sending spam from my account using the script "Visitors_EmailPW.php" they have suspended my account and I have no idea what the hell is going on here?

I contacted my hosting provider (FatCow.com) and am awaiting a reply. All I did today was make sure that if I forgot my password that the pages were functioning to send me another password. Well I never received an email with my new encrypted password. Instead I received an email from FatCow telling me that I am abusing the use of CGI scripts.

They are asking that I remove that file from my online folder or they will not be able to reinstate my hosting....... has this ever happened to anyone else out there? Does anybody now what part of the script would cause this problem? I see nothing about it in the forums????? Please help me.....

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This is not an issue i have encountered before.

It may be that the host has a limit on the number of email that can be sent in a given time period.

It could also be that sending the same test message over and over to the same address has triggered the spam complaint.

You should ask the host for clarification on what specifically triggered the spam complaint.

sadie406824

Hi Jason,
Well I tried but it wasn't a detailed answer as I had wanted. From what I gather, I had the wrong email settings in place so when testing it kept bouncing and triggered this alert. They took that file off of my FTP site and reinstated my account. So weird...... I tested this a million times with our last host in several different ways and never had any trouble with spam alerts.

I am going to try again in a few days to upload the file with the correct settings and see if I have any trouble. I have a ticket in for guidance on what smtp settings they would prefer. I used the settings listed for my account..... guess these are incorrect? The same settings appear to work just fine for my online ordering.

If you have anymore suggestions please let me know. Thank you for your assistance.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...