close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Default Design

Thread began 1/03/2011 2:32 pm by sales189614 | Last modified 1/03/2011 7:01 pm by sales189614 | 1272 views | 1 replies |

sales189614

Default Design

Ok, so I am using Power Gallery for a client. They are only going to be using one design for their galleries.

When creating a new gallery, it automatically selects Ribbon + Fullsize (dark) for the design, but we are only going to be using Ribbon + Lightbox (light). Does anone know how I can make it use Ribbon + Lightbox (light) by default when creating a gallery? Because I am going to be disabling the link to choosing a design because they really just want to use that design and they don't want the hassle of having to worry about the rest.

And I have went to the choosedesign.php page myself and set it to use Ribbon + Lightbox (light), but when I create a new gallery, without having the choosedesign.php available for my client, it creates the gallery with the Ribbon + Fullsize (dark)

Can anyone help me out here, please? Staff? User, anyone? I really need to make it where it uses Ribbon + Lightbox (light) by default.

Thanks in advance!

Sign in to reply to this post

sales189614

Figured it out

Ok so I figured it out and thought I would post the solution here in case anyone else ran into the same thing and needed help.

It can be controlled in the database. In the database table "pg1_gallery", the rows "design" and "theme" are where you can set the default design.

Too bad this isn't integrated into the administration of it. Hopefully in a future version!?!

sales189614

I was wrong

So the last post I entered here was wrong! That would work for each individual gallery, but not for when creating new galleries. If you want a certain style to be your default style each time you create a gallery, in the power gallery database, edit the "structure" of the pg1_gallery table and set the default value for the design column to the name of whatever style you want to be the default. This will force the gallery to use that design when a new one is created.

Jason helped me with this, and I wanted to pass it on so it would be available to others.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...