close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How To Be Prompted to Save Sculptor Preset

Thread began 6/21/2009 8:25 pm by paputxi | Last modified 7/02/2009 7:15 am by lon.winters127646 | 3720 views | 9 replies |

paputxi

How To Be Prompted to Save Sculptor Preset

I am using CSS Sculptor to create a specific template that I can use throughout my web. (Nice tool!) However, I can't seem to get it, while in the CSS Sculptor wizard process, to allow me to save what I've formulated as a Preset so that I can go back later to tweak its design. It always just generates the new page--without prompting me to save it as a Preset--which means that I cannot later reenter my tailored design via CSS Sculptor in order to make further modifications (as indicated to be necessary in other threads in this forum), which is why I want to save it as a Preset.

I have even tried just modifying some (minor) parameters in order to "trick" CSS Sculptor to think that this is not a normal layout and design and, therefore, forcing it to want to save it as a new Preset. But nothing seems to be working. I must be missing something quite elementary.

So, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The output tab has preset options in the current version of CSS Sculptor.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

paputxi

Yes, that was it! Problem solved.

lon.winters127646

Does this mean that if the layout is not saved as a preset during the initial configuration, then there's no way to make changes to it with the scuptor interface?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

That is correct. Sculptor is a page generator and template generator. Once the page is generated you would use Dreamweaver as your editor. Presets allow you to generate pages based on previous settings.

lon.winters127646

Thanks Ray, I'm starting to get it. I am able to create new presets and new pages from them - but I'm still fuzzy as to why when I edit the preset, that it doesn't alter an existing page - it seems that the page is reading from the same css, so shouldn't it update without having to create a new page?

Or, is the style sheet that drives the page a separate entity and only generated once, from the layout wizard?

lon.winters127646

Ok, I think I just answered my own question! I was assuming that a style sheet was created, but it looks like the CSS is part of the page itself. That's why a new page must be generated after each change to the layout, or as you suggested edit the CSS code directly.

Has anyone used this extension with a style sheet?

Justin Nemeth

On the output tab, you have the option to save the screen and print CSS into their own external CSS files. However, like Ray mentioned, Sculptor will generate your page, but will not edit it. After you run Sculptor, you would use Dreamweaver to edit anything further. I would recommend saving a Sculptor preset for any design you wish to generate in the future.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

On the final tab of the wizard you can choose whether to add css inline or create a style sheet. Each can specify its own style sheet.

lon.winters127646

DOH! I missed that. That makes a world of difference. Thanks guys!

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...