close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Slow response from PowerCMS script

Thread began 1/02/2011 7:36 am by dennis.zervas308099 | Last modified 1/03/2011 8:30 am by Ray Borduin | 1225 views | 1 replies |

dennis.zervas308099

Slow response from PowerCMS script

Dear team,

I am experiencing very slow response when using the PowerCMS 102 script on a web site.

I have different installations for different customers on the same web host:

One is admin which loads fine
The one under question is the admin which takes ages to load, but will eventually load. I think I have this on either 100 or 101.
If you login (feel free, login is giannousi, password is lina128), then again it will work but it takes ages to proceed and all clicks you do will be very slow. This is on PowerCMS 102.
If you check the php page that shows the text which the PowerCMS manages, it loads ok:
news_dual.php

I am trying to locate the problem, is it with the script or with the web host?

Thanks for your help

Dennis Zervas

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

For me, even the page you say loads fine loads very slowly. In fact it is still loading as I'm responding. My best guess is that it is a fundamental problem with the connection to the database on your server, but the only way to know for sure is to debug it.

I'd create a blank page with some simple text... see how long that takes to load... Then add a database connection (maybe just the connection include with no actual recordset) and see how much that slows it down. Then add a recordset that returns a row from the contents recordset. See if you can narrow down what exactly is causing the slowdown and then you will have a clue where to start when trying to speed it up.

Something is definitely wrong, but it is impossible to say what exactly without some debugging.

Another debug technique you can try is adding this to the first line of the code on a slow page:

<?php echo(date('h:i:s') . "<BR>"); ?>

then add it a little lower on the page... then you can compare the two to see how much time has passed between those lines of code. By moving it around you should be able to narrow down where exactly the slowdown occurs.

Sign in to reply to this post
Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...