close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can't Upload Images into PowerStore Back-End

Thread began 6/21/2009 6:00 pm by paputxi | Last modified 8/24/2009 3:49 pm by Ray Borduin | 3242 views | 8 replies |

paputxi

Can't Upload Images into PowerStore Back-End

While in the Admin back-end of an online "play around version of" PowerStore, I am trying to place some "items for sale" on my test website. However, in the "Insert New Product For Sale" screen, I can't seem to get any of the images I indicate to be accepted.

I have tried selecting and uploading various JPG and PNG image files into PowerStore, but I keep getting a " Please enter a valid file (.gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png)" error message. I started with two of my own JPG files, but then tried using two of the PNG image files provided by the PowerStore program (and have tried other JPG files as well), but I keep getting the same error message. These are all small files, by the way.

Any thoughts on what's going on would be greatly appreciated. Thanks is advance.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This is because updating the store is disabled in the sample. This functionality was removed on purpse to prevent abuse.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

paputxi

Thanks for the explanation. Based on that, I am now trying to setup a new site by modifying the provided PowerStore files according to the "Customizing your PowerStore site's design" document that I downloaded from WebAssist. Perhaps you can provide some clarification for me.

1) I do plan to use SiteAssist Pro. Do I run SiteAssist Pro before I copy all the PowerStore files into this site's Dreamweaver directory? Or, do I copy of the files into the directory first and then run SiteAssit Pro? Or, perhaps it doesn't make any difference and they won't override each others files.

2) Since all the PowerStore files are locked, do I need to unlock all of them or just the ones I modify?

3) The document refers to "Streamline design files" in step 3 under "Copying and renaming the template file". Where do I find these Streamline files? Are these online somewhere? In my learning about SiteAssist Pro, I have played around by creating several temporary sites and I do see a sitassistpro_template.dwt file in the Templates folder for the sites I have created. The document refers to a output_html\Templates folder relative to the "Streamline design files", which I can't find. Sorry for my confusion.

Thanks again for your support and understanding.

Neil Beadle

1. This doesn't matter too much since SiteAssist Professional is reenterable. After running through SiteAssist the first time, you'll need to replace the Dreamweaver template used by your PowerStore files with the .dwt SiteAssist created. Then when you update your site, your PowerStore files should take on the same look and feel of your SiteAssit site.
Please note that because SiteAssist Professional has so many different styles, some might work better than others. You may need to customize the SiteAssist template in Dreamweaver if additional editable regions are needed.

2. Yes, the lock icon appears because the files are "read only" by default. Locate the files on your computer, right-click on the root folder and choose Properties. Then, uncheck Read Only, and click OK. There is no need for any of these files to be read only once you start making modifications.

3. The Streamline design is an additional design provided with your purchase of PowerStore. Go to your Download Center, expand the Graphic Files option and download the Streamline Web Site Design files. You may find applying and customizing this design more straightforward than using SiteAssist Professional, but i suggest you use trial and error to achieve the desired result.

paputxi

I have purchased so many of your products recently that I have yet to download them all. Your response was most helpful. Thank you very much. Problem solved!

p.kelembeck232519

Please enter a valid file (.gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png).

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  This is because updating the store is disabled in the sample. This functionality was removed on purpse to prevent abuse.  

I have the same problem as mentioned earlier, "Please enter a valid file (.gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png)". Please let me know how I enable the store? I'm not sure what the outcome/conclusion of the previous discussions on this matter. I just want to know how to make it work so I can upload images. I have changed the permissions on all files to full access and the directories 'images' and 'Admin'. Still no joy.

Please help.

Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Usually this is a problem with the directory permissions. I have created an incident so that someone can look into this further with you directly. The problem is definitely with the upload, and 99% of the time it is something with the permissions for the destination folder, or the default upload folder specified in the php.ini.

You can access your support incident related to this forum thread at: supporthistory.php

glozinski107205

same issue

what did it take to resolve tx

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I belive it was a permissions problem with the folder specified as the default upload folder in the php.ini.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...