close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

ecart activation

Thread began 12/29/2010 11:40 am by gma353295 | Last modified 2/16/2011 7:32 am by Jason Byrnes | 2157 views | 5 replies |

gma353295

ecart activation

After installing a new hard drive on one of my workstations I had to reload some software.

I downloaded ecart4 and Universal email from the Webassist site, both of which were originally purchased in 2008.

The installation instructions were clear and the installation seemed successful.

However, once in Dreamweaver when I went to add a cart button I was asked to activate the software. I entered the serial number which was verified but received an error message after clicking the Activation button.

I checked the anti-virus and firewall as suggested in the message but the software could still not connect to the server to activate. We even tried bypassing the router and switch by connecting directly to the cable modem.

What do I need to do to activate eCart?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What was the error message you got?

Most likely you have to visit your order history on our web site and click the "Clear Activations" link to activate on a new computer.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

gma353295

ecart activation

The error message reads, "Unable to connect to server. Your firewall or ant-virus software is blocking the online activation. Disable all firewall and ant-virus software and try again. If you continue to have problems, submit a technical support request."

The link for "submit a technical support request" go to a Webassist page with the Error message, "The page you requested cannot be found."

We disabled all firewall and ant-virus software but still could not connect.

We tried connecting the workstation directly to the cable modem, bypassing the switch and router. Still couldn't connect.

We can't find the "clear activation" area on the site that you mentioned.

Appreciate some additional guidance in resolving this.

Thank you.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I see you have opened a support incident. I have replied to that incident with instructions that will allow us to help you get your software activated.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

alib75702

activation - old ecart 3.1.7

I have had to move my extension to an old machine and have tried pressing the reactivate button on the webassist site but am getting exactly the same Anti-Virus and Firewall issue. I have tried disabling both which I am not very happy about doing but this does not resolve the issue. Could you let me know what I have to do please to activate my product. Like the user above the link to ask for technical support on this issue goes to a page not found error.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...