close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Full link instead of short cut link

Thread began 12/20/2010 2:10 pm by CUAD | Last modified 12/22/2010 9:37 am by info395053 | 3305 views | 6 replies |

CUAD

Full link instead of short cut link

I was wondering if there is a way to have the editor show the full path to the file once it is uploaded to the server. Example: I upload a image of myself and when I insert it is creates the code to the image /elements/posts/image.jpeg

I was wondering if there is a way to make it insert the full link like: image.jpeg

If I could have it do this for internal links to files on the server that would be great too.

If you could let em know if this is possible that would be great. Also, please give me a path if it is possible. Thanks for any help.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

no, this is not possible to do automatically, you would need to manually edit the link that is created to add the full URL.

CUAD

Ok, is that something that can be submitted to help with future products/releases? It would help if you are putting together a newsletter or something.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I will add this feature request. It is more likely we would add it to universal email than to irite since it would only make sense for an emailed newsletter as you mention.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

gruant2000381341

i set this up once for a newsletter app i built
this is from memory so forgive me if I forget anything
the folder i had setup for uploads was named uploadfiles and it was in my FCKeditor folder.
go to
FCKeditor->editor->filemanager->connectors->php->config.php
go all the way down to

global $Config ;

$Config['Enabled'] = true ;

i edited these to lines below to point at my FCKeditor/uploadfiles folder
((so if your folder is somewhere else you will need to edit this path))

$Config['UserFilesPath'] = 'http://'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].'/FCKeditor/uploadfiles/' ;

$Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/FCKeditor/uploadfiles/' ;

the bit before adds the path tells fck to add the full path to the images when they are placed in the editor
worked like a charm for me

now i don't remember if i edited anything else...i dont think i did ...but if there was anything else it would have been at the very bottom of that same config script that i showed above..
i will just paste here what i have in mine and you can compare yours against it...
hope that helps

$Config['FileTypesPath']['File'] = $Config['UserFilesPath'] . 'file/' ;
$Config['FileTypesAbsolutePath']['File']= ($Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] == '') ? '' : $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'].'file/' ;
$Config['QuickUploadPath']['File'] = $Config['UserFilesPath'] ;
$Config['QuickUploadAbsolutePath']['File']= $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] ;

$Config['AllowedExtensions']['Image'] = array('bmp','gif','jpeg','jpg','png') ;
$Config['DeniedExtensions']['Image'] = array() ;
$Config['FileTypesPath']['Image'] = $Config['UserFilesPath'] . 'image/' ;
$Config['FileTypesAbsolutePath']['Image']= ($Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] == '') ? '' : $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'].'image/' ;
$Config['QuickUploadPath']['Image'] = $Config['UserFilesPath'] ;
$Config['QuickUploadAbsolutePath']['Image']= $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] ;

$Config['AllowedExtensions']['Flash'] = array('swf','flv') ;
$Config['DeniedExtensions']['Flash'] = array() ;
$Config['FileTypesPath']['Flash'] = $Config['UserFilesPath'] . 'flash/' ;
$Config['FileTypesAbsolutePath']['Flash']= ($Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] == '') ? '' : $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'].'flash/' ;
$Config['QuickUploadPath']['Flash'] = $Config['UserFilesPath'] ;
$Config['QuickUploadAbsolutePath']['Flash']= $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] ;

$Config['AllowedExtensions']['Media'] = array('aiff', 'asf', 'avi', 'bmp', 'fla', 'flv', 'gif', 'jpeg', 'jpg', 'mid', 'mov', 'mp3', 'mp4', 'mpc', 'mpeg', 'mpg', 'png', 'qt', 'ram', 'rm', 'rmi', 'rmvb', 'swf', 'tif', 'tiff', 'wav', 'wma', 'wmv') ;
$Config['DeniedExtensions']['Media'] = array() ;
$Config['FileTypesPath']['Media'] = $Config['UserFilesPath'] . 'media/' ;
$Config['FileTypesAbsolutePath']['Media']= ($Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] == '') ? '' : $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'].'media/' ;
$Config['QuickUploadPath']['Media'] = $Config['UserFilesPath'] ;
$Config['QuickUploadAbsolutePath']['Media']= $Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] ;

gruant2000381341

i guess i better point this out
the reason i have

.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].
$_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].

in there instead of hard coding the address and "pre" path is because i built this as an app...meaning...for the masses and i wanted that to dynamically pick up the full paths so other people didn't have to manually change that file

and i have personally installed this on at least 20 sites...no problems that I know of
so in my newsletter...all the images would have the correct path of
www(dot)mysite(dot)com/FCKeditor/uploadfiles/picture1.jpg
and they displayed just dandy

info395053

Thanks for that fix gruant2000381341.

Just changing the first two lines you mention does it:

$Config['UserFilesPath'] = 'http://'.$_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'].'/FCKeditor/uploadfiles/' ;

$Config['UserFilesAbsolutePath'] = $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'].'/FCKeditor/uploadfiles/' ;

The lines below it don't need to change but you also need to make sure that your remote root is defined correctly, as nothing in the line above those two (around line 27):

$WA_EditorRemoteRoot = '';

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...