close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

create link from dynamic search result

Thread began 12/17/2010 9:32 am by tmcbinc99963 | Last modified 12/21/2010 12:04 pm by Ray Borduin | 1991 views | 5 replies |

tmcbinc99963

create link from dynamic search result

Would like to have a search result link to another page.

I created a link field in the database: <a href="linkpage.php">My bio page</a>

Attached is my attempt at altering the server behaviors to add a search and result to the table without having to recreate all the pages over again.

When viewed online, no result.

Also thought about adding a new detail page, but don't see how to do that without starting the whole process over again.

Thanks

Attached Files
Webassist_link.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

dont use a link in the database for creating the detail page.

the way the results to detail page works is that a link to the detail page is created that passes the records id as a querystring:

<a href="details.php?id=<?php echo($row_WADAMembers['id']); ?>detail</a>

on the detail page, a recordset is created to filter the ID column on the id querystring variable.

you would be better of creating the new search results and detail page using the wizard, then examining how they are created to gain an understanding of the working so you can create it manually.

tmcbinc99963

How does new Detail page work with existing Search/Result pages

Tried creating a new Results and Detail page, but can't grasp how, or if, the new Detail page works with the existing Search and Results pages. How do I link the existing Search and Result pages to a new Detail page without creating all new pages?

The existing page and two new pages are attached.

Thanks

Attached Files
webassist_detail.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the details page is looking for the ID to be passed in a querystring named ID, on the results page, create the link to the detail page like this:
<a href="Members_Detail.php?ID=<?php echo($row_WADAMembers['ID']); ?>" />Details</a>

tmcbinc99963

Not sure what to do with this. When I use your code as the link, it says page not found. Is it supposed to act as the link or does it go somewhere else in the code, with the link as: Members_Detail.php?

Looks like my support ticket is working on this same page. Feel free to use a new support ticket for this post and the other if needed.

File attached.

Thanks

Attached Files
Webassist_Results.zip

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I have created a support incident in order to look into this issue further.

Please update that incident with a good phone number and time to reach you and we can try debugging this issue over the phone in order to find a solution.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...