close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dreamweaver crash after webassist upgrade

Thread began 12/14/2010 3:07 pm by wb370731 | Last modified 12/16/2010 12:24 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2778 views | 3 replies |

wb370731

Dreamweaver crash after webassist upgrade

Hi there.

My Dreamweaver CS4 crashes now every single time upon launch, following an upgrade-attempt of webassist products. In other words, I can´t do anything with my Dreamweaver, I can´t even uninstall the extensions...

Some details:

- The initial install of some of the Super Suite extensions worked fine, my problems started when I tried to install upgrades of the WebAssist products. I believe I only had CSS Sculptor, CSS Menu Writer and Theme-It installed. It was these products I tried to upgrade.

- I installed from DW ext-manager, but the upgrade didn´t properly install. Three times the install process was stuck for many minutes, so I aborted it. Searching these pages for troubleshooting, I then deleted the file MacFileCache.dat. Ever since, DW just doesn´t launch anymore.

- I`ve now uninstalled/reinstalled both DW and my complete CS4 Suite, with no change. From within the user account that I installed the WebAssist ext, DW crashes upon launch. Every time. But from all other user accounts on the same Mac DW launches just fine! So there must be some other local user-account file that DW is using that has something to do with WebAssist that are causing these troubles.

But what?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it sounds like you installed an updated version without first uninstalling the previous version.

any time you install an update, you must first uninstall the previous version from the extension manager. installing a new version over the existing version will corrupt the configuration folder.

you can rename the configuration folder to get Dreamweaver back to a freshly installed state.

see the common installation issues pdf for details on locating the Configuration folder:
common_installation_issues.pdf

rename the configuration folder to configuration_bak.

when you open the extension manager, a new fresh configuration folder will be created.

you should then remove all the extensions, the install the latest versions.

wb370731

THX! At least DW is launching now, haven´t gotten around to reinstall the x-tensions yet.

But for the record: Until you mentioned it here in this thread, I´ve failed to see anywhere that I should uninstall before I upgrade. I think this should be much clearer!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it is mentioned in the upgrading your web assist extensions video:
ArZk7Lfrdkg&hd=1&hl=en&fs=1

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...