close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Thread began 12/14/2010 9:11 am by mrs | Last modified 1/28/2011 7:59 am by Jason Byrnes | 2417 views | 5 replies |

mrs

I have tried on numerous different sites to have the security assist log in page (created by the wizard) as a server side include (SSI). I can obviously get the file included, but each time I have tried to log in using this method, I get 'headers already sent by...' errors.

The errors refer to either other files that are also dynamic SSI's or the file which the log in SSI is placed in. I have removed all duplicate connections info, in fact the only place I tend to keep connections info is in the actual web page. All SSI's have any connection info removed to prevent errors.

Am I not able to have the log in code as an SSI? Does this code have to sit in the actual webpage where I need it, because even though the code is the same, it seems to be the only way I can get it to work?

Would framework builder enable me to deal with this in a better way?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the problem with using the login page as a Server Side Include is that the login php code will be after the doctype tag which will cause the headers already sent errors you are getting.

Yes, using framework builder would fix this issue.

mrs

So, any SSI based form I post that is php based is going to give this type of error because the php code embedded in the include is after the doctype.

I am serving up php/MySQL content that is currently SSI based, but I assume that because I am not posting content from a form which would otherwise be after the doctype, I am not suffering the errors... Is that right?

Well, I bought framework builder some time back, but never really understood its purpose properly, so I will have a look at the gsg

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

any time you have a server behavior that uses the header function or the session_start function in an ssi, you will get this error.

tgrudzien

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  the problem with using the login page as a Server Side Include is that the login php code will be after the doctype tag which will cause the headers already sent errors you are getting.

Yes, using framework builder would fix this issue.  

Jason How would you suggest going about to implement Security assist with framework builder. I couldn't find any documentation at all on how one would use security assist (or any other extension) with framework builder. I am finally utilizing the power of framework builder and really am looking on how to use the power of FB with my dreamweaver editable regions in my templates.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you would nee to add each security assist page to the parent page as a dynamic plugin.

Lets say for example sake that the parent page is index.php

and that the Server variable to trigger the security assist pages is named "action"

go to the binding panel and click the pus button, select URL Variable and name it "action"

now on the index page add a dynamic plugin:
WebAssist -> Framweork -> Plug in -> Insert Dynamic Plugin

Click the lightning bolt next to trigger variable and select the action URL variable you created.

click the plus button for plug-in source to add a new plugin. Select the login page and set the variable value to be blank, this use the login page as a default.

Click the plus button again and select the profile page, set the variable value to "profile"

this will cause the profile page to load if the action variable is equal to prifile:
index.php?action=profile

Click the plus button again and select the registration page, set the variable value to registration.

continue on adding each security assist page and setting the variable value that will be used to load them.

Now on the security assist pages, you will need to set the forms action to post to the index page and pass the correct action variable.

you will also need to go into each server behavior and set the redirects to use the index page and pass the correct action variable to load that page.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...