close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

DWT - Global Theme

Thread began 12/11/2010 8:07 am by cadirks387757 | Last modified 12/13/2010 10:32 am by Jason Byrnes | 1886 views | 4 replies |

cadirks387757

DWT - Global Theme

Is there a DWT template, I see some, but really seem to behave oddly, even with Testing server enabled.

I just want to desing, Home Page images, the background image for some of the pods, and then colors.

I can swap them out for the theme it's currently using, but that is more hacking it than actually designing.

I have a DWT set for the main site, I would think could be applied in some shape or form as the base for the store as well??

Even if it's opening the home page, designing it, then product page, designing it, I'm even fine getting something like this to function.

Or can I load up, from the Theme's folder, and modify one that's in there?

Don't want to jack things up...

Thanks,

-CD

Sign in to reply to this post

cadirks387757

Customized

But...Where is the actual shopping cart CSS...

When the item is added to the cart, that is still displaying the old theme's purple text.

I want it #444444

cart.php

The text of the item selections added to the cart, and the item description still have the old associated Purple text from the default theme.

Thanks,

-CD

neilo

Hi CD,

You need to edit the CSS in store/webassist/themes/NM3/css/configurable.css for class 'productCart' (line 299) to change the color of the cart text.

Change:

.productCart {
color: #5B3977;
}

to:

.productCart {
color: #444444;
}

Changing colors in the CSS is generally safe, but be aware that changing other properties could lead to unexpected results, as adjusting a class or ID property to get the desired results on one page may reflect badly on another page if that page has elements that use the same IDs or classes. Back up your pages and CSS files before making any major changes.

The reason that your change didn't 'take' is that the styles 'cascade' (Cascading Style Sheets) so your edits to lines that appear earlier on in the stylesheet will be negated by any rules that appear later on in that stylesheet.

Similarly, if more than one stylesheet is referenced in the header of your page, styles for IDs and classes with the same names in the later referenced stylesheet will supersede rules written in the earlier one(s).

If I were setting out to make significant changes to the CSS in pages that I did not design and create myself, I would be inclined to leave all the original stylesheets as they are, and create a new stylesheet (i.e. 'mystyles.css') and include that in the page headers after any existing css imports or includes, and add my own specific class and ID style rules to that stylesheet. That way, if things go pear-shaped, I know where to look for any errors and, if necessary, I can just revert to the original design rules by removing the references to my own stylesheet from the page headers.

cadirks387757

That did the trick. Thank you very much...

Can you edit product page designs?

So it's populating options, sub-options, description based on the admin panel.

Can you open that master product template, and move the content boxes around? (leaving there ID's in tact and such so as not to jack anything up)....

I have a lot on a couple of them, even modifying specific product pages would be awesome.

products_detail.php?ProductID=375

There are a few drop downs on this one. :)

If I could Title a few, move some below the image, get a little separation on there, could look a lot better...

Thanks Again!

-CD

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

most of the product details page is created dynamicly.

the page that creates it is the plugins/catalog/details.php page.

you would need to be very proficient in PHP to change the design of this page in the way you are describing.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...