close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

JS Error when adding clientside validation - wa not defined

Thread began 12/10/2010 7:43 am by matt360561 | Last modified 12/17/2010 6:56 pm by Dani Chankhour | 1999 views | 6 replies |

matt360561

JS Error when adding clientside validation - wa not defined

Hi

When adding clientside validation to a form, when I click finish I get the following error come up (also see uploaded image)

"The following Javascript error(s) occurred:

At line 74 of file 'Macintosh HD........CS4:Configuration:Shared:WebAssist:FormValidations:WAFV_Serial_Library.js": wa is not defined"

I tried removing validation toolkit and CS Form builder and re-installed just the CS Form Builder and also cleared the .dat file but still comes up which is very annoying.

I'm using Dreamweaver CS4 and CSS Form Builder 1.0.2

Please can anyone advise?

Many thanks

Matt

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

Try deleting your configuration folder and then try only installing Form Builder.

Let me know if you still have this issue.

matt360561

the whole configuration folder?

Will this mean I have to reinstall all the wa plugins in dreamweaver?

Just wanted to check before I delete the whole configuration folder as theres quite a lot in there which doesn't look as though it's all related to webassist so don't want to mess up my settings in dreamweaver! If you can confirm before I do it.

Dani Chankhour

Yes, you can try renaming the configuration folder to configuration_old and then open the extension manager, remove all the extensions and then install only CSS Form Builder. this will reset things like your work space in Dreamweaver but we can always retrieve that from the configuration_old folder.

matt360561

Not a great start!

Well I did that and dreamweaver didn't appear in the extensions manager and when I tried to load dreamweaver it wouldn't load at all because there was nothing in the configuration folder.

I'm in the middle of 2 projects and have tight deadlines so can't afford to not have the tools to use for too long. I'm just trying uninstalling all webassist plugins and will then install form builder and see how that goes.

matt360561

taking an age....

Think I'm going to have to leave this until I have a spare day or two as the extentions are taking ages to uninstall and I'm loosing time to get the project finished. If you can let me know exactly what I need to do and if this will solve it or if it's just a trial and errr thing that would be great.

I'll then try and fit it in around projects.

Dani Chankhour

The configuration folder gets created when you open Dreamweaver. To make this quicker, when you browse to the Dreamweaver CS4 folder, there should be an Extension Manager or it could be called "Extension Manager2". Inside the folder there is another configuration folder. Try renaming that configuration folder to configuration_old, and then open the extension manager again, all the extensions should have been removed.

let me know if you still have any issues.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...