close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Product Options - Variations

Thread began 12/09/2010 9:04 am by cadirks387757 | Last modified 12/13/2010 3:13 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3687 views | 10 replies |

cadirks387757

Product Options - Variations

How many product option levels can be set for a single product?

If I have Meal Plan 3 Days | 4 Portions.

It needs to have selectable options under each:
[Meal 1] [Meal 2] [Meal 3]

Then [Meal 1] needs to have [Protein] [Side Dish] [Vegetable Side]

Then [Protein] needs to have Selectable Item [Complete Entree][Chicken Entree][Salmon Entree]

Then [Chicken Entree] would have actual menu items they could pick. Similar for Side and Vegetable side.

They would end up with a single selection for each day of a Protein, Side Dish and Vegetable Side Dish from his menu. So the 5 Meals 4 Portions would end up e-mailing him 15 choices, 5 Meals x 3-Items and all of it costs a flat $200. No price variation is really needed....

Ideally once this is setup with the variations / options, I could scale it up for a 5 day meal plan.

The cost is for the main product picked, so 5 Meals 4 Portions is $200 no matter what options they pick from the drop downs.

Any ideas...This is a beast for my brain to grasp!

Thanks,

-CD

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

there is no limit to the options levels for a single product.

For an option chain this complex though, i would map it out on paper before setting it up in the admin

cadirks387757

I'm picking this up then. Everythign else limits you down to single level, 3D Cart goes 2 level daisy chain deep, but doesn't allow any conditional settings, which from what I've seen browsing the forums and guides and such, this does that too.

Alright. Time to map this beast out.

Thanks for the tip.

Would it be better in Excell, can that be imported as variations or options within the system?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, there is not an import function

you will need to map it out on paper, then implement it in the options.

for starters you can see how the product options work in the admin console in the PowerStore Demo site:
www.powerstore-demo.com/

cadirks387757

I already bought it, I'm going to setup on my server (test environment) and see what I can make happen.

Thanks,

-CD

cadirks387757

So, I got something, but it's ending weird, and I'm kind of stuck.

I seem to only be able to define Three level's deep, I'm not able to add the actual Menu item on the tail end. And I think without defining unique values for everything it's not going to work.

Do I need to add / adjust the code to add another level of variation?

products_detail.php?ProductID=1

-CD

cadirks387757

Does anyone think this will work?

I could back out one level, and not offer all 3 meals or 5 meals at once as a bundled item, and just have folks buy "Single Meals" then have the price adjust at levels to match what he wants to charge. Then QTY can be changed to Portions or something like that for each meal they buy.

Ideally, the attached PDF shows the entire flow, mapped out.

This is killing me. :)

Thanks,

-CD

Attached Files
NNM_Cart-Map.pdf

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the options wont be able to be dependent on each other, but you should be able to define more than three options.

i just did a test and was able to define 8 different options.

What is the problem you are having on defining the fourth? Do you get and error? If so what is the error?

cadirks387757

If the user picks a meal plan cool. Adds it to the cart.

Now they have to pick there menu items for lets say a 3 meal plan.

so they need to "END" with, cart is sending 3 final selections for each meal, so 9 final selections.

A Protein, Side Dish, and Vegetable Side for each meal. This one is a 3 meal plan, so hence the 9 final options.

For Protein, if you look at my PDF, you can count the levels deep. It goes, Meal 1->Protein->Entree Type->Final Protein Selection for Meal 1

It doesn't seem to behave in this framework, nor does it seem that I can get the last drop box for the final selection. But this needs to exist in a "daisy" chain for the other two meal choices, and for the other 2 meals for this specific cart item.

Am I not setting it correctly somehow?

OR like I asked above, do I have to come back 1 level deep in the daisy chain. Cart not able to go to that 4th level...

-CD

cadirks387757

Okay,

Last attempt at figuring out all the conditional option thing before I switch back to a free cart solution.

Can I do this, scaled back...It appears that I cannot conditional option relationally.

Let me explain:

Product 3 Meals | 2 Poritons = $72

Protein Meal 1: Complete Meal, Beef, Chicken, Pork
If complete Meal, option's done

If Beef, Chicken, Pork
Side Dish (Bunch of selections), Vegetable Side Dish (Bunch of Selections) Meal 1

Protein Meal 2: Complete Meal, Beef, Chicken, Pork

If Beef, Chicken, Pork
Side Dish, Vegetable Side Dish Meal 2

Protein Meal 3: Complete Meal, Beef, Chicken, Pork

If Beef, Chicken, Pork
Side Dish, Vegetable Side Dish Meal 3

If I set this up, I get check boxes for the items from my main options, but if I uncheck them they still show up as a list in the add advanced option conditions.

So it seems I cannot just select Meal 1 Protein, define those selections; then Meal 2 and have sub-options pop up; then select Meal 3 Protein, and get those defined.

Is this how it's suppose to behave, or a bug, or something in the code. I've unchecked the other main options, but the add avdvanced options conditions continue to show up on that admin page?? I don't want to define Protein Meal 1 Chicken Casserole, Protein Meal 2 Chicken Casserole, Proten Meal 3 Casserole. Just Condition them individually. Check boxes not working on the top after they are added as advanced.

If I have to resort to Protein Meal 1, list; Protein Meal 2, list; Protein Meal 3, List; Side Dish meal 1, list...etc. I can do this under pretty much any cart model; and have the ability to mass import via CSV file. And in a lot of cases...FREE...

Thanks,

-CD

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...