close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CSS Form Builder 2

Thread began 12/07/2010 8:34 am by sdudding6702 | Last modified 12/09/2010 2:01 pm by sdudding6702 | 3019 views | 11 replies |

sdudding6702

CSS Form Builder 2

I owned Validation Toolkit, Digital File Pro, Universal Email, and iRite; all of which CSS FB 2 replaces. The problem is that the dozens of sites that I created and continue to maintain with the previous versions of those products are all .asp sites and forms. They seem to be no longer supported by the new versions contained in CSS FB 2. Is this correct?

My options seem to be:

Return CSS FB 2 for a refund and use the old versions.

Update every old site I ever created and still maintain to php. A ****ed big job for which I can't bill anybody.

Am I correct in my assumptions?

Sam Dudding

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, CSS form builder 2 supports PHP only.

Your assumptions of available options are correct.

sdudding6702

CSS Form Builder Uninstall

I've uninstalled CSS Form Builder 2 since I can't use it. This created 3 problems that I eventually fixed. I've bought nearly every product you offer at some time or another and always had a good experience. But now you seem to only develop products for PHP.

To develop and maintain web sites in both ASP and PHP is not easy as services have to be stopped and started as I switch between the two and all of my older sites are ASP. Is there no plan for ASP compatibility with current and future products? If you no longer develop and support ASP I will be unable to do business with you.

Thanks,
Sam Dudding

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

An announcement was made over a year ago that moving forward we would not be developing for ASP.

all currant and future development will focus on PHP and will not offer support for ASP pr cold fusion.

sdudding6702

More problems after CSS Form Builder Uninstall

I'm now getting this error whenever I attempt to drop down the File menu in Dreamweaver:

The following JavaScript error(s) occurred:
Unable to open script file "C:\...\Configuration\Shared\WebAssist\Library\WA_Preview.js" (error 3)

This is preventing me from working.

Sam Dudding

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

delete the Dreamweaver cache file from the users configuration folder:
common_installation_issues.pdf

sdudding6702

File menu error

That was the first thing I did but I shut down Dreamweaver and did it again. Restarted Dreamweaver and the problem persists.

Sam

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

try renaming the configuration folder then.

sdudding6702

Missing extensions, actions, commands

I renamed the config folder and the File menu is now accessible but all my extensions etc are missing.

Sam

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, you will need to reinstall them after renaming the configuration folder.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...