close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CMS Error

Thread began 12/02/2010 1:31 pm by Larry321390 | Last modified 12/21/2010 7:56 am by Larry321390 | 5029 views | 14 replies |

Larry321390

CMS Error

I added another content with the green plus at the topof the screen.
It was to add cms to the opening page of the web site.
My file structure is
The root is: home/eriss/public_html/

index.php which is the opening page that I created and is in the root. It links to the power store files in a sub folder called PStore4 where all the power store files are stored.

I added the new content page as indicate and copy the code from the index.php file thta I created in dreamweaver and placed the code fro the dreamweaver file into add content box I created cms. i. e. logo menu

I got the developer notes for each added content and placed it in the dreamweaver file. This is the first one

<?php echo WA_getCMSContent($database_PowerStoreConnection, $PowerStoreConnection, 'Opening Web Page', 'LOGO', false); ?>

I saved the my index.php file to the server root.

When I call the site to the broswer this is the error I got:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function wa_getcmscontent() in /home/eriss/public_html/index.php on line 47

line 47 is where i placed the Developer note

I supect it is a path problem but do not know where to look and do not want to change a path and have the rest of the store not work.

Please Advise.
Thanks
Larry

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

make sure your page has the require code for the webassist/cms/cms.php page on it:

php:
<?php require_once( "webassist/cms/cms.php" ); ?>

Larry321390

I put the code <?php require_once( "webassist/cms/cms.php" ); ?> on line 38
The next line is </head>

I got these messages:

Warning: require_once(webassist/cms/cms.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/eriss/public_html/index.php on line 38

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'webassist/cms/cms.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/eriss/public_html/index.php on line 38

Please advise.
Thamks,
Larry

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

where are the power store files uploaded on your server you will need to adjust the path for the cms.php include file to point to the root of the power store files.

Larry321390

Making Progress but stumped again. What do you suggest next. Thanks Larry

I added the PStore4 which is the directory all the power store files are stored in.
I get these messages which tells me I'm not connection to the database.

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/eriss/public_html/PStore4/webassist/cms/cms.php on line 22

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/eriss/public_html/PStore4/webassist/cms/cms.php on line 30

/home/eriss/public_html/ is the root for web sites

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

add the connection require once at line 1:
<?php require_once('PStore4/Connections/PowerStoreConnection.php'); ?>

Larry321390

I tried that and got the same errors:
Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/eriss/public_html/PStore4/webassist/cms/cms.php on line 22

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/eriss/public_html/PStore4/webassist/cms/cms.php on line 30

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_f4223768aeb45b8a140c3c45987e7adc, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

What should I try next? I am building two power stores and the same error it showing on both.

Thanks for the help
Larry

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please send a copy of the page.

Larry321390

code is attached

I have attached the code.

Thanks
Larry

Attached Files
indexCMS.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the file you sent, you have not made the code change i suggested, change line 1:
<?php require_once( "PStore4/webassist/cms/cms.php" ); ?>

to:
<?php require_once('PStore4/Connections/PowerStoreConnection.php'); ?>
<?php require_once( "PStore4/webassist/cms/cms.php" ); ?>

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...