close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Customise PowerStore 4

Thread began 12/01/2010 9:44 am by mousework50137 | Last modified 3/28/2011 8:11 am by Ray Borduin | 2506 views | 6 replies |

mousework50137

Customise PowerStore 4

I relaise that there are now 4 designs available for PowerStore 4, but is it possible to manually, using dreamweaver, to change the design of the store.
If so, when you setup admin users is it possible to stop them seeing the option to change the design.

Sign in to reply to this post

scott351953

Me to...

That would be helpful!

Larry321390

Simliar question

I have a design built in dreamweaver that the customer wants to use. How do I set up the store to use my design below the nav menu.

I can change the nav and logo with the cms, but i do not see an easy way to replace the template content with what I have. This is only for the home page.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Read my thread: showthread.php?t=16199

It talks about how and where to look when using custom templates.

In the future I might be able host a remote training seminar for people that really want to dig deeper into how to customize powerstore in a hands-on environment.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

roger177049

Please do the seminar.
I would gladly pay for some assistance.

Powerstore is a great tool from an admin standpoint.

As a designer I really hate being stuck with someone elses layouts and themes.
I am sure I am not the target audience for powerstore. I know that many people enjoy the flexibility.

I prefer not letting my clients have access to changing the design and layout.

MikeH

Hi
I have not currently tried but as it uses themes as long as you know the editable region names and use the same ones a short tutorial should cover what needs to be done to add your design to the layouts,

Mike

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can make a copy of one of the themes and update the /webassist/themes/[your copy]/templates/ files to make them look however you want... just don't change the editable region names.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...