close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Site Sculptor Won't import my Dreamweaver template.

Thread began 11/29/2010 9:35 pm by brandoli400690 | Last modified 12/09/2010 11:36 am by Dani Chankhour | 3333 views | 6 replies |

brandoli400690

Site Sculptor Won't import my Dreamweaver template.

Site Sculptor Won't import my Dreamweaver template (as either new or import).
The first time I did this (before I realized that I can't change the menus etc. once the wizard has been run - how useless is that?) it worked fine, but I had to take the site down and basically start all over.

So I know that it worked once, the CMS worked fine on the live site, and that I was not the problem.

Now when I try to import the dreamweaver template it totally screws up the view and bears no resemblance to my original design (see attached). I deleted the original site info, re-did the template, reinstalled Site Sculptor, etc.etc.etc.

Since purchasing the Super Suite My CS3 Dreamweaver has been crashing all afternoon, strange things are happening to my Mac OSX 10.6.5, and SS won't load my template. I'm 6 days into the 15 day trial and very frustrated so far.

The next comment is this: When you sell a Suite, there is an expectation that all of the components will somehow work together, and work for the life of the site. A website is always a changing thing, not static like this site sculptor seems to be. I had to completely strip down my Dreamweaver design in order to accommodate the program. You may think that you've simplified the php and CMS for us, but the "design" and especially the creativity factor is missing. Might as well use Wordpress or Joomla. BLECH.

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

Site Sculptor should work on any Dreamweaver Templates. Can you please attach your template so i can run a test to try to reproduce the issue.

brandoli400690

dreamweaver template won't load

Attaching Dreamweaver template

Attached Files
rivasremedies.dwt.php.zip

Dani Chankhour

The templates you have sent me does not have any styling applied to it. was this the original template you used in Site Sculptor?

brandoli400690

Dreamweaver, SS won't import template

No, as I mentioned in the first post, when I found out that I can't post new pages on this static Site Sculptor program, I had to rethink everything and re-do (i.e. completely strip down) my original template.
Attaching the css file.
Just a reminder that when I purchased Theme-it a year or two ago, the same or similar issue happened with the template deconstructing.

I also need to know whether I apply Security Assist before or after the site goes up, if nothing can be added to the SS templates once loaded without screwing everything up, where would I put the log-in links?
There is a huge flaw in this program in that new pages are not added to the navigation. Also, because the home page and the pages attached to the template are different, any changes made to the template did not affect the home page, and they looked different in the original site upload. Unfortunately I only found this out after uploading it and then had to start all over again anyway, and then the recent problem happened...

Attached Files
thrColLiqHdr.css.zip

brandoli400690

Heloo, Anybody out there? Last post was 4 days ago. Are you waiting for my 15 day trial to expire?

Dani Chankhour

Sorry for the delay in response.

I have opened a support ticket to further assist you with this issue:

supporthistory.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...