close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Ps4

Thread began 11/19/2010 2:42 am by Endrio | Last modified 12/03/2010 6:27 am by Jason Byrnes | 2586 views | 9 replies |

Endrio

Ps4 Email purchase confirmation

Hi,
I write because I have an issue to receive the purchase confirmation e-mail.
I get only the mail from paypal.

Can anyone help me is urgent.

Endrio

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the store Admin Site settings, what have you set the email server as?

you should check with your host to ask them what SMTP server to use for sending emails through a PHP script.

Endrio

Hi Jason,

I do not understand your question, In the store Admin Site Settings is currently empty.
What should I put the same email that is in store e-mail?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the Settings Section of the Admin panel, go to the Site Settings section.

Here you need to specify the Email Server Address. If you do not know what email server address to use, you will need to contact the host and ask them about sending emails using a php script.

Also, on the Store Emails and Registration Emails tabs, you will need to Specify the subject and the From Address for the emails.

On the Contact Form Emails tab, you will need to specify the To Address for where the emails should be sent to.

The To address on the contact Form emails tab and the from address on the registration and store emails needs to be a valid email address for your domain.

Endrio

Hi Jason,
I did as you wrote, but does not work.
I did a test user registration, but I'm not receive any mail.

I hope we can solve this issue asap.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

if you are certain you have the correct Email Server entered, you should contact your host to have them look into the smtp server error logs to see why the email is not being relayed.

Once the message is sent to the email server, it is in the hands of the email server to relay the email to the recipient, if that is failing, only the host will be able to tell why.

Endrio

I have tested sending mail with my Outlook to the server, and I get the mail.
Means that the mail server works.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the smtp server to use with outlook is not necessarily the same as the one to use when sending mail through php script.

there is a difference in sending mail through a php script and sending mail though an email program.

In a php script, you do not have the option of passing a username and password to the smtp server. your host should have an smtp server set up that will allow the php script to relay the email, it will not be the same mail server you use when configuring outlook.

If you are using the correct smtp server, then you need to look in the error logs to determine why the email is not being relayed.

The script will pass the email to the email server. The email server then relays the email to the recipient. If that relay is failing, you need to look into the error logs to see why.

Endrio

Thanks for the explanation, I will contact my host.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...