close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Images do not display

Thread began 11/14/2010 5:21 pm by jshafor | Last modified 11/23/2010 11:46 am by Jason Byrnes | 1796 views | 9 replies |

jshafor

Images do not display

Installation seemed to go well - no problems.

I uploaded images and CAN see them in the "Manage Images" section of the Adim section. When I attempt to preview the gallery - it will not go past "Loading" - the animation plays but never loads the images. I can see the skin; but no images.

I attempted to paste the provided code in a php page; it goes to a different "loading" screen - neither the images or skin appear here.

index.php?gallery=1&theme=light

This IS on a sub-domain at GoDaddy (multiple references in the Forum about that).

Thanks in advance for the solution - you guys always figure it out. I have spent a little over 5 hours looking and trying - I concede. Thanks in advance!

I will be more than happy to send you the login details in a private email if that will help.

Jim

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the link you sent goes to a 404 page not found error, can you post a valid link where i can see the problem.

jshafor

In that my friend I believe is the problem

This is the path right our of the admin section of Power Gallery - it renders a 404 Not Found page too . . .

Do you think it's an issue with the sub-domain I currently have it on? Should I just move away from GoDaddy all together - maybe just move to Blue Host or something?

neilo

An extra directory (ruthless) is being written to the paths, firstly in your path to the gallery grid_fullsize:

ruthless.margoliswest.com/ruthless/Gallery/galleries/grid_fullsize/index.php?gallery=1&theme=light

if you remove it you at least get to the gallery:

Similarly with the images once you reach that page, the image sources are including the extra (ruthless) directory in their paths. For example if you remove that from an image link on that page:

ruthless.margoliswest.com/ruthless/Gallery/images/1/buttons_gargoyle_lg_1289779137_782p.jpg

you get to the image file:

buttons_gargoyle_lg_1289779137_782p.jpg

[not that I know what to do about it]

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Nice catch neilo.

In the power gallery database, take a look at the wa_settings table.

make sure the pg_root and pg_rooturl are set correctly:
pg_root - /Gallery/
pg_rooturl - Gallery/

jshafor

I concur neilo, nice catch!

Jason - I couldn't even find your references in the wa_settings table. The only entries in the wa_settings were the top 3 (please see attached image - phpMyAdmin screen shot).

I added the last two (from your previous post); however, noting changed. Nonetheless, it's obviously narrowed down to a path issue . . . that's a good start.

1. Did the database not properly setup?
2. Did I enter the data wrong?

anonymous

Jason,

I also noticed that my DB does not have the fields mentioned either. I just looked at this thread as I was using PG for the first time on a production site.

One of the issue I also had is that it does not have the correct path to the javascript files and css files when using the code to embed on any php page. The link from the admin to view the gallery works fine, but embedding on any page will just show the photos with no styles or javascript.

Best regards.

Brian

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

YEah, this was changed in the recent 1.20 update.

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

jshafor

Jason - I don't see a support ticket setup; did you set one up for sojo and not jshafor? Do you want me to initiate the ticket?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...