close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PowerStore3 Ordering Problem on live store

Thread began 11/13/2010 4:22 am by admin140217 | Last modified 11/16/2010 1:26 pm by admin140217 | 2175 views | 8 replies |

admin140217

PowerStore3 Ordering Problem on live store

The best way to describe what is going on is to include the email my client sent me, please see below:

"We have BIG problems! A lady just tried to order 3 lbs of fudge on our website, I got a notification but all it had was her name and address – no order. I tried to go to paypal and nothing was on there. So, I have no idea if her card got charged or not and I have no idea where the order went. We need to get this fixed ASAP – as the holidays are here."

I have checked the store admin and the order is there but the order is not in the client's PayPal recent activity. Is the order supposed to be in the PayPal activity regardless of whether or not a PayPal account or just a CC was used or will it only reflect in the store data?

The store admin did not reflect the the options chosen either and just showed the product name and SKU in the oder details area. When sent back to the website to finish the order, the order options did not show up, a screen shot is attached.

Registration seems to have worked as I see the order and name in the details.

I went through the ordering process myself and it seemed to have done what it should however, the following things did not occur:

1) The order did not reflect in PayPal activities.
2) The options did not show when sent back to the store to finish order on site.
3) the options did not write to the order details as a part of the order.

The options in this case are allowed to be entered by the user.

I really need to get this straightened out, any help would be appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

admin140217

Which pages and line of code would I check to make sure that the sandbox and test mode is not set to true. In reading older posts I have found it's possible that even though I have unchecked use sandbox and test mode, that they may still be true in the pages code.

I am still in a bind here!!!

Thanks

admin140217

Any help with the above issues would be fantastic!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

All of these issues are addressed in the PowerStore 3.01 update that weas released a couple of weeks ago.

Please make sure that you are using the PowerStore 3.01 files that are available from your download section

admin140217

Jason,

If I replace all the files that are in 3 with 3.01, are there an issues with function or will all function as it should? I guess what I mean is, does this have to be a fresh install or can I copy the 3.01 files and overwrite the 3.0 files and everything is hunky dory?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You can copy the 3.01 files over the 3.0 files to fix the issue.

admin140217

Update

Jason, thanks...

I copied over the files and it has gotten better, however, the conditional options that the visitor is allowed to enter in the text fields do not go through to PayPal, a screen shot is attached.

So when the order is received via PayPal, that information is not there. I don't know if this info is going into the order details page or not, I have not made a purchase from it.

Shouldn't the conditional options follow the process in the order and be recorded into the PayPal transaction?

I also noticed that the tax and shipping aren't showing. I have not enabled this in the store admin but I checked the clients account and both tax and shipping/shipping calculator are enabled. Shouldn't those preferences that are set in PayPal be showing up during checkout on PayPal or is the PowerStore settings overriding that?

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

no, the options will not follow over to the paypal side, one the order is confirmed on the pp_confirm page, the information will be stored in the order details page.

Power tax and shipping settings over ride paypals.

admin140217

Thanks Jason,

After all this and is fixed now, the clients have decided against this shopping cart, needless to say, I am pretty disappointed.

Thanks for your help.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...