close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Stylesheet dropdown

Thread began 6/16/2009 7:31 pm by sales189614 | Last modified 6/18/2009 9:20 am by sales189614 | 9442 views | 28 replies |

sales189614

Stylesheet dropdown

Does anyone know how I would go about adding a stylesheet dropdown to the editor so my clients can use predetermined styles? The packaged version doesn't have one, but I was told by WebAssist that it can be added easily. I just have no clue how.

I would also like to use custom inages for all of the iRite editor images. I can't find a folder that just has the images in them so I can just swap them out. Anyone know where that's at???

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Do you own WebAssist iRite extension for Dreamweaver? That would allow you to make a lot of configuration changes through a wizard so that you wouldn't have to create them by hand.... but they can be added relatively easily.

You just need to create an xml file to define what will be available. You can read about it at:
Styles

There is a good thread about this in general at:
showthread.php?t=1573&highlight=fckeditor&page=2

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

carsten299415

Hi, i have put FCKConfig.StylesXmlPath = '../custom/news_form_textinfo_cnt1.xml'; to news_form_textinfo_cnt1_2.js.

Then i created news_form_textinfo_cnt1.xml with this content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Styles >
<Style name="My Image" element="img">
<Attribute name="style" value="padding: 5px" />
<Attribute name="border" value="2" />
</Style >
<Style name="Italic" element="em" />
<Style name="Title" element="span">
<Attribute name="class" value="Title" />
</Style >
<Style name="Title H3" element="h3" />
</Styles>

With no success. the droüpdown stays empty?

Can u help?

carsten299415

Hi, i am not sure whether tere is a bug in 1.0.2? the following file is not written to my custom folder: FCKConfig.StylesXmlPath = '../custom/news_form_textinfo_".$cnt2 ."Styles1.xml';

I have tried it serveral times without success! Can anyone post an example .xml so we can write it by hand?

Thanks, Carsten.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This is because you are using a dynamically named form element.

Apply iRite with a form element that doesn't have code in its name.

Your irite field is currently named: news_form_textinfo_".$cnt2

and iRite does not create the include properly for dynamically named form elements since it doesn't know what the name might be as it is created dynamically.

Use iRite on another page to create the correct .xml file. Then change the reference on this page to go to that xml file instead of a dynamic one.

In the end your code will look like:
FCKConfig.StylesXmlPath = '../custom/xmlFileFromYourApplicationOnAnotherPage.xml';

sales189614

Wow, ok. Anyways back to my post, I do have a copy of iRite, have never used it. I just tried it in a test site, and all it did was put a place holder on the page, even after uploading it to the server it was just a placeholder, so I don't know how to add a stylesheet dropdown. I don't know how to do it within power cms either. I am really, really, lost. Can someone please help me? All of those posts after my post didn't help me a bit, LOL!)

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please post a sample url of a page where you have tried to use iRite.

Do this:

1) Create a blank page
2) Add iRite to the page
3) Publish and post the URL of the page

I'll see if I can spot what is going wrong.

sales189614

Will do. I'll let you know when it's posted. Thanks for the help!

sales189614

Ok Ray. I did that. The page is at test.php. I uploaded that page as well as the WA_iRite directory that was created. The editor is there and there is a stylesheey dropdown, although it doesn't seem to be working, it doesn't bring up any of the styles. But when putting that in in Dreamweaver, it asked me where the stylesheet was, I told it and it showeed me all of the styles, so I don't know why it isn't now. Anyways, I am trying to work within Power CMS, which has iRite. I don't want them to have to be two seperate things you know. So how would I add a stylesheet dropdown this way, in Dreamweaver, then transfer that over into Power cms's iRite permanently? Any site I put this on is going to have a stylesheet, but the stylesheets will all be different for every site, you know. Even with just doing it liek I just did, it doesn't seem like it's of any use cause it's just an editor in the middle of the page, it doesn't seem to have the capabilities to actually do anything. I just need the ability to add the stylesheet dropdown to the iRite in Power cms permanently. If I have to do some coding to do it, I guess I have to. But I'm a designer, not a coder, LOL! So I might need a generous soul to help me accomplish this???? Hey Ray, do you have a Facebook account? If so we could chat live. I don't have anything like msn or any of those scat engines, I refuse to install them, but if you have a facebook account???

Ray BorduinWebAssist

When I look at:

test_Editor2.js

I see:
FCKConfig.StylesXmlPath = ''; // relative to fckeditor/editor/fckeditor.html

So it still isn't referencing the .xml file. Did you specify to add the style... it should reference an xml file in this line and that file should show the correct syntax.

You can create it manually using the sytnax:
Styles

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...