close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Removing Link Colors From Image

Thread began 10/31/2010 1:08 pm by KiddaMan | Last modified 11/03/2010 5:38 pm by Dani Chankhour | 4719 views | 13 replies |

KiddaMan

Removing Link Colors From Image

Hello,

I may be going about this the hard way so please let me know. Pls note that I am using Powerstore 4.

I am inserting images into the content area of the home page and I trying to link the seperate images to my product pages for each type of product.

The links however, have purple/blue color assigned to the image borders and I do not want that showing. I want their to be no purple/blue border so that tha image will be seamless. I tried to turn this off in the design program of PS4 but could not find a switch.

Is there an easy way to turn this link color off via the Design program in PS4 ??

The website will show what is currently going on, www.luxehats.com

PS> I could not find a way to insert a single image and designate specific portions of the image to specific links, other than going into dreamweaver which I did not want to do, so this is why I am inserting seperate pics which will make up the final pic which is going to hopefully be seamless and look at one picture.

Thanks for your assistance !

Kiddaman

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

When you add the images, you will need to specify a border of 0 (zero).

KiddaMan

Thanks ! Worked

Neilo,

What can I say, Thanks!

Very quick reply, and I must say that you and Eric have provided me with great service whenever I have asked.

The new PowerStore 4 is Awesome.

I love all the upgrades.

Thanks Again !

neilo

Cheers KiddaMan!

KiddaMan

Product Title Font

My Friend,

Without having to do to much trial and errror, I cant seem to find where in the design program that will allow me to reduce the font size of the product name. When I click the "product" button on the home page menu, it takes me to my products in my catalog. The title so long that they get cutoff.

Can I reduce them in the design program ?? If so, how ??

Visit products_results.php to see what I am referring to.

Cheers !

Kiddman

neilo

Hiya KiddaMan,

Yes, these are set by the values given to your h2 style. If you just alter the h2 style though, it might impact on other areas of your site that have also been assigned the h2 tag.

So you should make a new rule just for the h2 tags within the gridBox class div on that page. So, in your: webassist/themes/Luxehats/css/default_styles.css stylesheet, at or near line 348, find:

.gridBox {
}

and just after it add a specific rule for h2 tags within the divs with the gridBox class:

.gridBox {
}
.gridBox h2 {
font-size:12px;
font-weight:bold;
}

You can play with the font-size and weight values until it is right for your design.

KiddaMan

Excellent

Thanks, Works Great.

I know these have been pretty easy for you and I appreciate all the help.

I seem to have found a possible issue with the software.

When you go to my catalog page, I have listed several catalog items. The one with the issue is the item "luxehats"

If you pull down the catalog items and click "luxehats", I have enough items in this catagory that requires two pages for viewing. When you click the "next" all works good.

However, if you choose "luxehats" from the alternate menu listed to the left side of the pate, then you try to go to page 2 of the products by clicking "next", it gives me a page error.

Thanks for all your help, the site is coming along great !

Kiddman !

Dani Chankhour

the fix seems to be in the results.php under webassist/plugins/catalog/ folder and changing this line of code:

$currentPage = dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) . '/' . $currentPage;

to

$currentPage = dirname($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) . $currentPage;

KiddaMan

Hello,

I followed your instructions to webassist/pluggins/catalog... but what other folder or file do I need to open to make the change, and what line #.

Thanks !

Dani Chankhour

under the catalog folder, open the results.php page and change line 76, and you will probably want to make the same change in the results.php under the basic folder .

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...