close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Preview and Preset problems

Thread began 6/16/2009 1:40 am by web_assist_mail157665 | Last modified 6/17/2009 7:29 am by Ray Borduin | 2008 views | 4 replies |

web_assist_mail157665

Preview and Preset problems

With all my widths, margins and padding set the same for 3 levels
the preview menu has
different width for level 1
different padding for level 2

group margin level 2 - ems setting for top gives exactly the same result as px
ie step the level 2 menu down by 7px does the same as 7 ems??

widths dont add up 195 wide + 25px padding left 0px right margin all 0px - 220 width - doesnt push the sub menus out far enough 5 px overlap??

menu items do not inherit specs from parent (as it says in wizard)

just deleted level 3 (to start again) and it deleted the setting from level 2 as well!!!!!!!!!!

is this thing working?

All issues show in WA preview

and Safari 4

Sign in to reply to this post

web_assist_mail157665

more problems

edit the theme width - smaller
same menu
now have big gaps between left edges
where the width has changed BUT the left offsett in the css remains unchanged - rather than being updated to suit?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please attach a copy of your saved preset. I would want to reproduce the problem so I can see what is going on.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

web_assist_mail157665

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  Please attach a copy of your saved preset. I would want to reproduce the problem so I can see what is going on.  

Hi Ray

I appreciate the note and understand you guys are on a different time to the UK so I had to find a solution fast. The only way to fix was to make note of my final settings an re do the preset from scratch - ensuring I didnt change any WIDTH setting once the preset has been setup - the preset was overwritten an hour or so after my post above.

I purchased this extension to save me time - it took 3 hours to identify the problem and fix. Lost more than the cost of the extension and the client had to wait another day to see the site. This stuff should work straight out the box.

I did a screen dump of the preview while working yesterday - see attached - this had all width, padding and margin settings ALL the same for ALL 3 levels, ie they were changed from a basic preset - via EDIT in property box, and then changed again as I initially miscalculated the width, that said it all should have been the same. Once the widths had been changed - the menu settings would never resolve themselves correctly.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Thank you for the report back.

The best way to allow us to fix the problem is to allow us to reproduce it.

That is why I asked for your preset. If we had that then we could generate the error and determine the root cause. Your screen shot validates that you ran into a problem, but unfortunately it doesn't allow me to reproduce and investigate it more to determine the root cause.

Please provide a preset demonstrating the above problem. We would love to look into it and fix any problems we can find.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...