close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Navigation not appearing in all pages

Thread began 10/27/2010 10:04 pm by stprix49407889 | Last modified 11/01/2010 4:17 pm by Dani Chankhour | 1067 views | 5 replies |

stprix49407889

Navigation not appearing in all pages

Hi,

I created a template with editable regions. Now I want to use Site Sculptor to create a new site using a CSS Menu Writer preset. The problem is that only index page has the navigation bar and none of the other pages have the navigation bar. What do I need to do?

Serge

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

The navigation should be on all pages. Could you please send me your template so i can debug the issue further?

stprix49407889

Hi Dani!

The nickusborne is the original template. When I created the site with Site Sculptor, it created sitesculptor_template, which is in fact different from the original template. As you will note the navigation bar is not on the other pages of the site, for example "aboutus".

Also, I'm not sure if the steps I did were correct. After I created the root folder for the SS site, I saved the original template into that folder.

Serge

Attached Files
aboutus.txt
nickusborne.txt
sitesculptor_template.txt

Dani Chankhour

I did a test using your nickusborne template and then creating a site sculptor design, and i was not able to reproduce the issue you are seeing. Looking at the sitesculptor template file you have sent me, it looks like it is including all the css and js files for the menu, but it does not have the menu file:

<?php require_once("../CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_content/menu.php"); ?>

However, looking more at your template, i see that you have menu id specified more than once in your template:

<div id="menu">

the id should be unique and can't be used more than once. That could be causing the confusion. Try having just one <div id="menu"> on your page to see if that resolves the issue.

stprix49407889

Hi Dani,

I must be doing something wrong in creating the custom Site Sculptor. I've created a simple template using CSS Sculptor and tried to create a site with SS. However, I've found the same problem as above with the nickusborne file. As you can see from the attachments, the Home page has the navigation bar, but none of the content page has the navigation bar. I'm not sure what I'm missing or doing wrong.

Serge

Attached Files
outdoor.txt
sitesculptor_template.txt

Dani Chankhour

I have opened a support ticket to further assist you:

supporthistory.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...