close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Address Showing up in wrong state!!!!

Thread began 10/25/2010 10:47 am by ew391940 | Last modified 10/26/2010 1:03 pm by Jason Byrnes | 4495 views | 13 replies |

ew391940

Address Showing up in wrong state!!!!

I am using pro maps with my record set. It is set to show multiple locations. I have an address

1 K RANCH RD
DINOSAUR, CO 81610

in my database that is clearly located in Colorado but the push pin is showing up in texas. Not sure what is causing this but it is making my map tiny so that it shows all of the pushpins in Colorado plus the one in texas. In addition to that the pushpin is in the wrong location so I am worried that maybe it is also doing this on other addresses.

Why is this pin showing up in texas and how do i fix this so that my map goes back to a more zoomed in map?

Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

If i go to maps.google.com and enter that address:
1 K RANCH RD, DINOSAUR, CO 81610

in the search field, google does not return any results.

it seams that address is not logged in googles database.

ew391940

Your are correct...google maps does not find the address but google at least puts the pin in the correct city, state, zip which is fine by me as long as the pin is in the correct city, state, zip.

Pro-maps is putting the pin in texas????

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Pro mapsd uses a default address in san antonio if address lookup failes.

when i search your address at maps.google.com, i do not see a pin inserted any where.

it is just a default map with no selections and google gives other posible addresses.

if you want the pin to be placed in colorado, set that address to just use the state and country:
colorado, us

and leave the street, city and zip blank.

ew391940

real estate website

This is a real estate website with over 300k records in the database so i can't just use city state zip. People searching for homes need exact addresses. The only time i want it to default to city and zip is when the street address can't be found.

Is there a way to change the default so that it will located the city, state, zip? When i type the address into google it doesn't locate an address but when i type in just the city state zip (DINOSAUR, CO 81610) it does locate that location.

I can't have all these random pins showing up in texas or my map to be tiny trying to squeeze in these texas pins? Is there a way to make the default city, state, zip or make it so that when the address isn't located that it doesn't show up at all?

Thanks.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the promap javascriot file, there will be this code to laod the default address on failure:

if (wagmp_map_1_obj.addressFailed) {
map.setCenter(new GLatLng(30, -98), 3);
}

you could change the latitude and longitude to another default or delete it.

ew391940

Still Getting Texas

I have removed that snippet of code but i am still getting a push pin in texas? I am taking this out of the wagmp_map_1 file. Then i re-upload it to my server and I am still getting the push pin in texas.

What should I try next?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please post a link and a copy of the file you are editing.

ew391940

Link

Not sure if my last post posted.

My link is realtyew.com/city.html toggle the map link to open the map and you will see the pin located in texas and my map displaying very small instead of zoomed in.

Using the instructions that you posted to me I tried removing the two instances of

}

from file magmp_map_1. I have attached the file.

I also tried to change the lat and long but in both instances (changing lat and long as well as removing it alltogether) I still get a pin in texas.

Attached Files
magmp_map_1.txt

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

when i view source of your page, I sttill see the code:
}

I also see this code in the file that you posted.

It has not been removed.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...