close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

WA_Globals and My Insanity

Thread began 6/15/2009 2:08 pm by susan346031 | Last modified 6/23/2009 7:06 am by Ray Borduin | 3715 views | 9 replies |

susan346031

WA_Globals and My Insanity

I just purchased PowerStore and are already interacting with a client for their store. Because the hosting hasn't changed for this company yet, I have created a local testing server to do some preliminary work. However, I am having issues getting things to work. We tested the page before "Customizing your PowerStore site's design" and the Main.dwt template file works great in the local environment. (Also, before changing the navigation---)

The step to insert this string into the Main.dwt.php file causes a rash of errors.
<?php require_once("../CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_home/menu.php"); ?>

The errors are a combination of WAGLOBAL and database connection errors

Header
Notice: Undefined variable: WAGLOBAL_localRoot in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Toy Test\CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_home\menu.php on line 2

Notice: Undefined variable: WAGLOBAL_remoteRoot in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Toy Test\CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_home\menu.php on line 3

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Toy Test\CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_home\menu.php on line 6

Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Toy Test\CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_home\menu.php on line 10

Notice: Undefined variable: database_localhost in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Toy Test\CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_home\menu.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined variable: localhost in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Toy Test\CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_home\menu.php on line 65

Warning: mysql_select_db(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Toy Test\CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_home\menu.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined variable: localhost in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Toy Test\CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_home\menu.php on line 67

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Toy Test\CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_home\menu.php on line 67

We have tried a number of combinations with the WA_Globals file, (localRoot and remoteRoot addresses) and feel that the localhost.php is configured correctly.

Thanks in advance!
SH

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

What page are you browsing when you see this error? It appears the path to the wa globals file may be incorrect or the include file may be missing from the page.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

susan346031

I am viewing Main.dwt.php in a browser so it creates the Temp file. It is TMPoxa19lbavc.php (F12)

I do not see a reference to an include .php file.

I feel so close!! But so far!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It should have a <?php require_once("../WA_Globals/WA_Globals.php"); ?> reference on top of the page at the very top to define the globals properly for each page.

susan346031

Wow. It definitely doesn't. I checked just now--the "Main.dwt" that was siteassistpro_template does not have those php includes. The "Main1.dwt" which we renamed from Main.dwt does.

I wonder how many others have run across this.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The template is not designed to be accessed and browsed directly since it is used as a reference and not really a page in the site. So not many people have run into it... in fact you were the first to have that confusion on this forum anyway.

I don't really consider it a bug or requirement that the template should be directly browsable, but simply add that reference if you want it to be.

susan346031

I reinstalled everything including installing Apache 2.2 as the webserver.
Solved the other errors.
Now, the remaining error is related to the connection to the database. (I was able to configure the MySQL with dreamweaver and add the store.sql database and it "works.") The error is relating to:
Notice Undefined variable: database_localhost and localhost in C:\htdocs\..\..\menu.php

the next line
Warning mysql_select_db() supplied is not a valid mysql-link resource in C:\htdocs\..\..menu.php

Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Update the Connections/localhost.php connection file with the information from your store.sql database.

This error implies that the connection include file Connections/localhost.php is missing on the page you are browsing.

susan346031

The localhost.php has been modified to reflect the store.sql file that was copied to my database called test...the connection is working, there are tables there but no data--I assume that i need to add that from the admin back-end. Anything else to try? Is this something that will to work correctly on a localhost testing server?
Thank you,
Susan

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes I run and test it on my localhost all the time.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...