close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Unable to view Captcha image

Thread began 10/24/2010 7:13 pm by mutualfun1000346489 | Last modified 10/29/2010 1:33 pm by Jason Byrnes | 10053 views | 9 replies |

mutualfun1000346489

When I load my contact us page the captcha image is not viewable. I ran the Google Chrome debugger and received these 3 error messages:

WAVT_CaptchaSecurityImages.php:-1 Resource interpreted as image but transferred with MIME type text/html.

a%3EFailed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

contactUs.php:124Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function
(anonymous function)contactUs.php:124)

You can find the page at: contactUs.php

I've redirected the WA_ValidationToolkit/ to match the folder in my folders list but it still doesn't want to see the image.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it looks like the Fonts Folder is missing on the server, when i try to go to:
MODERNA.TTF

to load the font file, i get a 404 page not found error.

mutualfun1000346489

Unable to view captcha image

I just checked the server and the fonts folder is there. Just to make sure, I uploaded the folder again. I'm still not seeing the images. I just ran another debugger program and it came back with this message:

Linked script not loaded

Uncaught exception: TypeError: 'Spry.Widget.ValidationTextarea' is not a constructor

Error thrown at line 5, column 0 in contactUs.php:
var sprytextarea1 = new Spry.Widget.ValidationTextarea("sprytextarea1", {validateOn:["blur"]});

I'm using Opera's Dragonfly for this information.

Here's the thread log:

thread started:
runtime id: 2
thread id: 8
parent thread id: 0
thread type: inline

thread stopped:
script id: 16
line number: 3
stopped reason: unknown

thread stopped:
script id: 16
line number: 5
stopped reason: exception

thread finished:

Not sure we're not able to process the images.

Thanks for your help. Please let me know.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Trying to access tyhe font folder:
Fonts/

gives a "Forbidden: You don't have permission to access /ContactForm_GMC/WA_ValidationToolkit/Fonts/ on this server."

you will need to edit the permissions on the font folder to allow for read access by all.

mutualfun1000346489

Unable to view captcha image

I contacted my service provider and it looks like it's rendering code but I'm unable to find it in DW. When you look at the live code, this is what it looks like:

MODERNA.TTF

However, when you take out the WA_Globals info it works. Like this:

MODERNA.TTF

The block of code that needs to be edited is:

"ContactForm_GMC/WA_ValidationToolkit/WAVT_CaptchaSecurityImages.php? noisecolor=<?php echo $WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Noise; ?>&bgcolor=<?php echo $WAGLOBAL_Captcha_BG; ?>&textcolor=<?php echo $WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Text; ?>&transparent=<?php echo $WAGLOBAL_Captcha_BG_transparent; ?>&characters=<?php echo $WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Characters; ?>&width=<?php echo $WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Width; ?>&height=<?php echo $WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Height; ?>&font=<?php echo $WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Font; ?>" alt="security code" /><br />

But I'm not sure which section to pull out in order to get the code to function correctly.

Please let me know.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it is still an issue with the permisions on the font directory.

you could change the code to:
"ContactForm_GMC/WA_ValidationToolkit/WAVT_CaptchaSecurityImages.php? noisecolor=<?php echo $WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Noise; ?>&bgcolor=<?php echo $WAGLOBAL_Captcha_BG; ?>&textcolor=<?php echo $WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Text; ?>&transparent=<?php echo $WAGLOBAL_Captcha_BG_transparent; ?>&characters=<?php echo $WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Characters; ?>&width=<?php echo $WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Width; ?>&height=<?php echo $WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Height; ?>" alt="security code" /><br />

Basically just removing "&font=<?php echo $WAGLOBAL_Captcha_Font; ?>"

which would bypass the use of the font.

mutualfun1000346489

That seemed to work. The captcha is now loading on the page. It may have been that the section that we took out was a duplicate piece of code.

Thanks for your help Jason!

Paul

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, the problem is the permissions on the font folder, it is not allowing read access by the script to load the font.

the section that was taken out tells the script what font to load.

by taking it out, it is using the default font.

it is a band aid fix, but it works.

the correct fix would be to leave the code as is, but change the permissions on the font folder to allow read access for all.

mutualfun1000346489

Uable to view Captcha image

I see. I'll have to go with the default for now and work on the premissions issue later. I site needs to be running by tomorrow. I'll need to take more time to go over what is blocking the code ie: my hosting provider or something in DW (I don't think it's DW because I haven't placed and blocking on any of the folders)

Thanks again,

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...