close ad
Databridge V2 with MySQLi support IS Now Available!
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PS3 Advanced Options Problem - Product Details Not Displaying

Thread began 10/22/2010 10:58 am by Adam Zahler | Last modified 10/27/2010 6:10 am by Adam Zahler | 712 views | 6 replies |

Adam Zahler

PS3 Advanced Options Problem - Product Details Not Displaying

Hi,

I seem to be having problems with adding advanced options to products. Please check Baron-Fire-Safe-with-Electric-Lock and you will see a safe that has 4 different model variations for the same series. The default model displays fine but as soon as you choose a different model from the dropdown details are not displayed - no image, no product title, price changes to '$.00', description dissappears and so on. Even if I then try to choose the first model again, details are not shown.

I've tried playing around with various options and I must be missing something very obvious.

I have had someone modify the files below for URL re-writes so I'm not sure if this is the problem...

/CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_home/menu.php
/.htaccess
/index.php
/Products_Detail.php
/Products_Results.php

If any of the above have caused the issue I'm guessing it would be the Products_Detail.php

Please help because I was very excited earlier today when I found out the URL re-writes are working very well - I'm an SEO person by trade.

Thanks,
Adam

Sign in to reply to this post

mick106153

Go to your admin, select the product in question, choose "update".
In there you will notice that at various places is a checkbox that reads "update all options".
The very first of these, next to the "Available online" checkbox if selected will cause every iteration of that product to have and display the same options. Probably not what you want.
Go through the list and select the "update all options" checkboxes that are exactly the same for every iteration of that product and "update" at the bottom of the page.
Than, and this is the boring part, after the product updates check to see that the changes have taken hold, if so, select "update" again and if, as an example, size is the first option choose the NEXT size in the option drop-down and wait for a refresh and choose all the various necessary changes on down as well as making any text or graphic changes and hit "update" at the bottom of the page.
You'll need to do that for each different iteration of that product.

Some of these changes might be more easily done directly in the database.
I had to change a table in a long description and because each long description was potentially a little different from every other it was easier and much quicker to do it in the database.

I hope this is the answer you need.

Mick

Adam Zahler

Thanks for the feedback Mick. I just tried what you suggested and it doesn't seem to make any difference I'm afraid. Even tried checking all the update all options boxes as well. Any other ideas?

Adam

mick106153

As a test…
Try creating a new product with one option - size (small and large) and select all the "update all options" check boxes for the areas that will remain the same in all products and save that.
Than find the product in Admin and choose update.
Assuming for the moment that the only differences will be size, price and SKU - choose the next size option from the drop down and after it refreshes, change the SKU and the price and choose "update" at the bottom of the page and see what the results are.

Let us know

Mick

Adam Zahler

Hi Mick,

It turned out there was a small issue with the modification my guy made but it's all fixed now. Thanks for your suggestions anyway and your time!

Adam

mick106153

Adam please!

What was the issue exactly?

Mick

Adam Zahler

Hi Mick, unforunately I'm not a coder so I couldn't tell you what the issue was. I simply had my guy check it and he said he had missed something which he corrected - so it was to do with his modification only and not the original PowerStore 3 coding that WebAssist did. No one else should have this problem as it would not have occured without our mods.

Adam

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...