close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How to re-enter the wizard to change the menu?

Thread began 10/16/2010 7:19 am by dave416570 | Last modified 10/18/2010 1:24 am by Lon Winters | 1491 views | 5 replies |

dave416570

How to re-enter the wizard to change the menu?

I created my first menu last night, and need to modify it.

The Getting Started Guide says, "You can reenter the CSS Menu Writer wizard easily after you have created your menu."

Am I missing something? It says that it's easy, but doesn't say how. There is a picture after it, but I can't find how to get to that picture.

I tried changing the "invisible" options, and that got the little script icon to show up in the display. But all clicking it does is highlight the javascript in the code section.

When I go back to the Insert menu--which is how I got it there to begin with--it inserts a second menu.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Sign in to reply to this post

CraigRBeta Tester

On a page with a menu, select the menu includes code,

eg <?php require_once("CSSMenuWriter/cssmw0/menu.php"); ?>

the CSSMW options should appear in the properties window, as shown in the image.

dave416570

Thank you!

That worked.

Lon WintersBeta Tester

Originally Said By: CraigR
  On a page with a menu, select the menu includes code,

eg <?php require_once("CSSMenuWriter/cssmw0/menu.php"); ?>

the CSSMW options should appear in the properties window, as shown in the image.  

This is interesting - I am in the process of inserting a menu into a page I created with CSS Sculptor, but it's an HTML page and doesn't use the PHP include.

I saved the page as PHP and it allows me to choose the menu in the site, and inserts the include code - but there is no menu.php file - so therefore, no menu.

Do I have to create a new pre-set now? And will menu writer know to create menu.php since I am now working within a PHP page?

Also, does the editing function shown in the screen-shot shown above also allow you to re-save the preset after editing?

CraigRBeta Tester

From what I can recall, if you create a CSSMW menu in an html page, the menu is written directly into the page code in a <ul></ul> block, along with some javascript and css.

If you add a CSSMW to a php page, it writes the menu into a separate php file and puts an includes statement in your php page

If you re-renter the wizard, you can (and should) save the category and theme as a new preset.

Lon WintersBeta Tester

Originally Said By: CraigR
  From what I can recall, if you create a CSSMW menu in an html page, the menu is written directly into the page code in a <ul></ul> block, along with some javascript and css.

If you add a CSSMW to a php page, it writes the menu into a separate php file and puts an includes statement in your php page

If you re-renter the wizard, you can (and should) save the category and theme as a new preset.  

Yep, that's exactly what happens - been doing some experimenting. Thanks for the confirmation.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...