close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problem with links and images

Thread began 10/13/2010 6:22 pm by Jade but not jaded | Last modified 10/15/2010 6:42 pm by Dani Chankhour | 1985 views | 7 replies |

Jade but not jaded

Problem with links and images

Hi again,

I'm having another problem with PowerCMS 2.

For reference, I think my problems stem from the fact that I installed PowerCMS into a folder within the root folder, rather than in the root itself, e.g. /cms/ instead of just /

I say this due to a lot of prior experience with over 20 other Webassist products that I own that have given me grief when I tried to put the support files anywhere other than the root.

I also say this because the problem I'm encountering is with browsing for images or browsing for files. In both instances, PowerCMS is only looking within the /cms/ folder and won't let me browse above that folder.

I've searched the forum and have found similar problems from other users, but unfortunately, they typically end with a suggestion to continue the issue in a support ticket rather than in the forum. Or they reference changes to the WA_Globals.php file for the previous version of PowerCMS (I'm using version 2, not 1).

As a result, there are no solutions publicly available for me.

Anyway, my problem is:

In the editing interface, if I click the "browse server" button in either the "image" or "link" tools, I am faced with a file navigator window that only shows me files within the /cms/ folder.

Also, if I try changing the path to the "image upload folder" on the settings tab, PowerCMS corrupts my change by prepending what it imagines the path should be, so for example:

If I try to change "/home/wedgem5/public_html/cms/" to "/home/wedgem5/public_html/images/" and then click save, PowerCMS overwrites my change and makes it "/home/wedgem5/public_html/cms//home/wedgem5/public_html/images/"

So, anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem?

Please keep in mind that I'm using PowerCMS 2, not 1, which means my WA_Globals.php file doesn't have the same configurability that the previous version did.

Looking forward to some help with this.
Jade

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

The way powercms is designed is to store the images in the cms folders. You can change the path where it looks at the root of your site by going to admin/common and open the listfolder.php file and change this line of code:

if(file_exists($parent) && strpos($parent, $root_folder) !== false) {

to

if(file_exists($parent)) {

this will let you browse outside your cms files.

Jade but not jaded

Hi Dani,

Thanks for your response.

Unfortunately, this doesn't solve the problem for either image browsing or link browsing.

I'm still being limited to the /cms/ folder.

Any more ideas?

Dani Chankhour

Once you made that update you will need to go to the settings tab and then browse to the root of your site. The change i gave you allowed you to browse outside the cms files.

Jade but not jaded

part rainy

Hi Dani,

I see what you mean, but unfortunately, as I said, it doesn't work.

Here's what's happening:

I go to settings and by default, the images folder is specified already as: /home/wedgem5/public_html/cms/

As you described, I am now able to "view parent folder" and navigate to the root, which is /home/wedgem5/public_html.

But when I try to select the root and click save, the images folder path is prepended with the original, resulting in this:
/home/wedgem5/public_html/cms//home/wedgem5/public_html

No matter how many times I try, PowerCMS continues to prepend the original path to the /cms/ folder.

Any thoughts?

Dani Chankhour

Sorry, it seems that the change we have to make is in the HTMLEditor folder.

in the HTMLEditor Folder under editor/plugins/kfm and open the configuration.php file.

Then change this line of code:

$kfm_userfiles_address = '../../../../'.$WAGLOBAL_images_folder;

to

$kfm_userfiles_address = '../../../../';

and change this line of code:

$kfm_userfiles_output = $WAGLOBAL_images_folder . '/';

to

$kfm_userfiles_output = '/';

note, this implies that you won't be able to use the settings tab to set your images folder. it will always default to the root.

Jade but not jaded

Hi Dani,

I'm afraid this doesn't work either. In fact, it doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

Any more ideas?

Thanks,
Jade

Dani Chankhour

Are you using Advanced Images Upload?

If not, then you will need to make the same changes in different file:

HTMLEditor/editor/filemanager/connectors/php/config.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...