close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Summer Sale 20% discount

Thread began 6/13/2009 10:37 am by CraigR | Last modified 6/29/2009 11:23 am by Ray Borduin | 5187 views | 14 replies |

CraigRBeta Tester

Summer Sale 20% discount

I was considering upgrading to Web Developer suite, and am even keener to do so now that there is a storewide discount, however my upgrade price, (normally $349) is not discounted.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The discount is not applicable to already discounted items such as your upgrade. The upgrade discount should already account for more than 20% off.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

CraigRBeta Tester

Not for supersuite !

If I were to go for the supersuite, the 'upgrade' is actually more expensive then the discounted version.

Even for Web Design Suite, its very disappointing that existing customers don't get the benefit of the offer.

I already own ecart so there is no incentive for me to upgrade.

jon_upton

Upgrades should count too.

But the discount on the upgrade is because you have already bought part of the product so really if its store wide then the 20% should apply to upgrades aswell.

If this was so I'd be tempted to get the css suite for starters.

regards

Jon

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please give us a call at our 800 number. I really don't understand what you did or didn't purchase so I can't tell you what price you should or shouldn't be getting, but if you sales directly they will work it all out for you and explain any questions you might have.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

jon_upton

Its all about value and being valued

Ray

I have purchased CSS Sculptor ($100 value) on the upgrade to CSS Suite you allow $50 for this previous purchase making the upgrade to CSS Suite $150 instead of $200. The 20% discounted CSS suite is $160 giving me just $10 for the $100 I spent not more than a few months ago. If you offered me the upgrade for $120 (20% off $150) I will still have spent $220 to get the CSS suite so I hope you can see my point.

I have rounded up from the 99cents to make it easier.

Best regards from a very wet England

Jon

CraigRBeta Tester

As an existing customer, (i have previously purchased ecart 4, digital file pro, css sculptor and css menu writer, as well as a couple of solutions), i am eligible for an upgrade to supersuite for $749 (a saving of $150) or web design suite for $349, (a saving of $150).

The discount applies, presumably, because I already own some of the elements of that suite.

What you are saying, essentially, is that the 20% store-wide discount only applies to new customers.

Ps Hi Jon, I am in England and it is pouring down here too!

Michael Lekse

The Summer Sale offers a 20% discount on individual products or suites but does not allow for use with any other offer (an upgrade). Upgrades provide up to 50% off products to help customers move up to a new version.

From an individual product standpoint, the sale is very straight forward, you either get 20% off the product or you can take advantage of the better "upgrade" discount if one is available to you. The WebAssist upgrade policy takes 50% of the highest priced product purchased and applies that to the cost of the suite if you are moving up from one or more products to a suite.

Where it gets difficult is dealing with the suites because of the numerous ways customers could have purchased individual product combos that make up the suite and the prices that they paid for one or more of the products that they purchased. Because of this, there are situations where the 20% summer sale might be a better deal than taking advantage of an "upgrade offer". This really plays out with those who purchased individual products rather than going with a suite out of the gate.

If you have any questions regarding your specific upgrade needs, please call into our sales team to discuss potential options for you.

Michael

jon_upton

Look at your opportunity without blinkers

Michael

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps its time to think again by reducing the cost of upgrades you will get sales you wouldn't otherwise make and after all that is the objective of the summer sale - if you follow my maths you will see that even with a discounted upgrade I will have still spent more with you than if I bought the suite at full price and all in the space of a few months.

You also tie in existing customers further and will make more money on future upgrades to the larger number of webassist products that they will own!

I think you are creating bad feeling here and not looking after those who have supported you by previously purchasing your products.

I myself have made a very significant investment since the Adobe announcement of the death of ADDT and right now there is a significant opportunity for webassist to pick up a lot of ADDT users but you need good vibes in the dreamweaver community at large to help you achieve this and this is an opportunity to encourage those vibes.

So rather than quoting the script have a word with 'The Boss' and get him to read this thread and ponder on just what he may be missing out on - for the sake of some 'paper' dollars that really could really lead to significant growth of his and your community.

Best wishes from Solihull, England

PS Please don't suggest the 800 number you can't dial it from Europe.
PPS When previewing this I had the thought that Blinkers might mean something different in the US from the UK, here they are the device worn by a racehorse to stop it from looking sideways. So go on now is your chance to prove that webassist is a thoroughbred too.

jon_upton

Silence!!!!!!

Can't Webassist get out of the starting gate?

Did anyone from support ask Mr Bui or Mr Lekse to have a read of this thread as requested?

Should we draw the conclusion as people have hinted at that existing users don't matter and all Webassist want is new sales?

A reply would be nice

Yours sincerly

Jon Upton

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...