close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

contact form applying to template

Thread began 10/10/2010 9:52 am by emboroden409417 | Last modified 11/29/2010 7:20 pm by emboroden409417 | 2490 views | 7 replies |

emboroden409417

contact form applying to template

I purchased the contact form solution pack and I want to incorporate it into my website. I would like to use web expression. This is what my template is using. The instructions say to use dreamweaver. Are there instructions for using web expression? I would like my contact form to look like or be part of my website.

Sign in to reply to this post

emboroden409417

Did I waste my money?

Can I use this form with web expression? These simple instructions leave a lot to the imagination and only reference Dreamweaver. When I checked out the product before purchasing, I wanted to be sure you didn't need dreamweaver, so I checked the FAQs with the question of Dreamweaver was require - "No. The Contact Form Solution Pack is a set of pre-built pages that can be edited or modified in any WYSIWYG or text editor." My mistake was not seeing if I can specifically use the contact form with my web expression template. If I have to use dreamweaver, I guess I wasted my money?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The contact form can be used in Expresion Web as well as in dreamweaver.

To use your expression web template, you will need to create a new php page based on the template, then copy the contact form code into the template.

There are three blocks of code on the original contactus.php page:

1) The code in the head, from line 1 to the doctype tag.

2) The Form, from the opening form tag to the closing "</form>" tag

3) The spry script. This is the <script> to </script> tag code just before the closing </body> tag.

copy theses three code blocks to the new PHP page you create from your template.

emboroden409417

OK, that didn't work. Perhaps I am creating the PHP file incorrectly. I guess this is simple if using dreamweaver. The directions are so vague and only appear to be for dreamweaver.

I uploaded everything to my site and the files that came with the contact form all appear to work:

contactus.php
contact_styled.php

The one I made is a mess:
contact.php

Please help

emboroden409417

I messed with it a bit more, but no my menu and the top part of my page disappeared.

neilo

Hiya em,

Is it your intention to have the form sitting inside the right column as per your existing page at contact.htm?

If so, I have attached a file (contactus.php) which you can either use 'as is' or refer to for where the form code should be placed in your page.

PS Don't forget to change the menu items to point to 'contactus.php' instead of 'contact.htm'

Attached Files
contactus.zip

emboroden409417

Thank you I will give this a try this evening. Much Appreciated.

emboroden409417

thank you so much, looks great. I will study what is different. thanks again.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...