close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

install error database user needs create view

Thread began 10/05/2010 5:22 pm by brendafos379366 | Last modified 10/07/2010 1:02 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1442 views | 7 replies |

brendafos379366

install error database user needs create view

For PowerStore3, I'm doing the install and at step 2, where it checks the database setup I'm getting this error:
ERROR: Your MySQL user (brendafo_frcdb) needs the CREATE VIEW privilege.

I've gone in and checked that the user has All Privileges.
But how do I give 'Create View' privilege?

I see this note: Log in and visit the Download Center. Click on PowerStore 3; then click on the Known Issues section. Download the related zip file and follow the instructions in the readme file. BUT THERE IS NO FILE THERE FOR THE FIX??????????

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

here are files to fix the create view issue in PowerStore 3.01

Attached Files
ps301_view_fix.zip

brendafos379366

FIX files

Thanks.

So do I just upload over the current files and then start the install again? Or will install still be at step 2?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Upload the fixed files, then start the install again.

brendafos379366

got to step 3

I uploaded the fix files. Then started the install again. I got to step three, where I put in an admin username and pw and then get this error:

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/brendafo/public_html/PowerStore301/install/3.php on line 178

I went and looked at the database. The database is there, which I created before the install, but there are no tables there yet?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the tables should have been created by the install script.

try opening the sql file and creating the tables directly in the database.

the sql file is at:
/PowerStore301/install/scripts/db.sql

brendafos379366

Now have error in wa_settings table

I used PHPMyAdmin and import the db.sql file. It created 13 tables, but give an error for WA_settings =>
ErrorSQL query:
ALTER TABLE wa_settings ADD COLUMN `spry_args` text;
MySQL said: Documentation
#1060 - Duplicate column name 'spry_args'

I went ahead with the install and this time got to step 5.php or Payment Processing, where I am not able to select a payment gateway or enter one. If I do nothing and click 'go to next step' I get this error:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/brendafo/public_html/PowerStore301/install/5.php on line 42
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/brendafo/public_html/PowerStore301/install/5.php:42) in /home/brendafo/public_html/PowerStore301/install/5.php on line 83

And when I look in the WA_settings table nothing is there except the admin user and pw.

I tried redownloading the db.sql file - same thing. I dropped the tables and redid it a couple of times.

Your help is appreciated. Would there be any reason to upgrade to PowerStore4? I bought PS 3 just before you brought out PS4.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...