close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Getting an error when going to login page

Thread began 9/27/2010 6:59 am by chadhuskey391193 | Last modified 9/27/2010 9:36 am by Jason Byrnes | 1169 views | 4 replies |

chadhuskey391193

Getting an error when going to login page

Whenever I go to the login page for the site I've setup, users_LogIn.php, I get a warning:

<b>Warning</b>: session_start() [<a href='plugins/function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: open(/var/lib/php/session/sess_50g4ntdcccst89u4an74lb8804, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in <b>/vservers/galleriesattvm74/htdocs/WA_ValidationToolkit/WAVT_ValidatedForm_PHP.php</b> on line <b>3</b><br />

Lines 2 and 3 of the code on the ValidatedForm_PHP is:
if (!Session_id()) {
session_start();

I haven't made any changes to it.

This error shows up as soon as I open the login page and before attempt to log in. If I try to log in it just keeps looping back to the login page.

When I built it and ran it on my local server I didn't run into this issue.

Is there anything that I could be missing here?

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

chadhuskey391193

A couple of other things I noticed when I uploaded the files to the server.

First, the text color of the text on the forms was set to white via the CSS file when I built it on the local server and it looked as expected. When I upload the files and view the pages the form text is black and blends into the background of the page. Works local, doesn't work live. Not sure why or how this is happening.

The other thing I noticed is that when I set the from to remember my user name and password when I pull the page up and it has the information pre filled, the user name and password appear in plain text in the code when I view the source.

It seems strange that it would be stored in the code that way. I know that I would likely never tell a website to remember my user name and password if it was a public PC and not my own personal machine, but this still seems odd to store it in the code that way. I've checked other websites that I tell to remember my password and the don't store the user name and password in plain text in the code.

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this error means that there is a problem with starting the session on the remote server.

the setting for the session.save_path in the php.ini file is not correct.

Contact the host and have them fix the session.save-path setting so that sessions can be started properly.

chadhuskey391193

I'll go ahead and open a support ticket with them to get this done.

Thanks!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...