close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Validation Toolkit producing bad code

Thread began 9/24/2010 10:49 am by cj381970 | Last modified 9/28/2010 3:10 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2544 views | 10 replies |

cj381970

Validation Toolkit producing bad code

Dear Support,

It seems that my validation toolkit is not funtioning properly. I have deleted my config library and un/re-installed the component multiple times and am still receiving the same results. When I run the Client Validation Wizard on my checkout.php page the code that is produced is the following:

<form action="confirm.php" method="post" name="ecart_checkout_form" onsubmit="WAValidateCC(document.forms[1].cc_number,document.forms[1].cc_number.value,'- Invalid credit card number','','4:51:52:53:54:55:34:37:6011:',document.forms[1].cc_number,0,true);WAValidateRQ(document.forms[1].cc_number,'- CVV is required',document.forms[1].cc_number,0,true,'text');WAValidateRQ(document.forms[1].cc_number,'- Fisrt name is required',document.forms[1].cc_number,0,false,'text');WAValidateRQ(document.forms[1].cc_number,'- Last name is required',document.forms[1].cc_number,0,false,'text');WAValidateEM(document.forms[1].cc_number,document.forms[1].cc_number.value,'- Invalid email address',document.forms[1].cc_number,0,true);WAValidatePN(document.forms[1].cc_number,'- Invalid phone number',false,true,'',document.forms[1].cc_number,0,true);WAValidateRQ(document.forms[1].cc_number,'- Address is required',document.forms[1].cc_number,0,false,'text');WAValidateRQ(document.forms[1].cc_number,'- City is required',document.forms[1].cc_number,0,false,'text');WAValidateZC(document.forms[1].cc_number,'- Invalid zip code',true,true,true,true,'',document.forms[1].cc_number,0,true);WAValidateRQ(document.forms[1].cc_number,'- Shipping name is required',document.forms[1].cc_number,0,false,'text');WAValidateRQ(document.forms[1].cc_number,'- Shipping name is required',document.forms[1].cc_number,0,false,'text');WAValidatePN(document.forms[1].cc_number,'- Invalid shipping phone number',false,true,'',document.forms[1].cc_number,0,true);WAValidateRQ(document.forms[1].cc_number,'- Shipping address is required',document.forms[1].cc_number,0,false,'text');WAValidateRQ(document.forms[1].cc_number,'- Shipping address is required',document.forms[1].cc_number,0,false,'text');WAValidateZC(document.forms[1].cc_number,'- Invalid shipping zip code',true,true,true,true,'',document.forms[1].cc_number,0,true);WAAlertErrors('Correct invalid entries to continue','',true,false,false);return document.MM_returnValue">

As you can see cc_number is repeated in every validation as opposed to the proper object names so I have to manually change each to the correct name for the form to validate. This solves the problem until the City (select list) gets validated. The validation will not accept a selected value and continue. Please advise.

Your help here is greatly appreciated,
CJ

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

When you start the client validation wizard, make sure that the correct form is selected in the dropdown list, then go thorough and reapply each validation.

cj381970

peoled pointed

There are only two forms on the page, form[0] is the paypal express checkout form, form[1] is the correct form. I've reapplied each validation multiple times and have gotten the same result.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What version of validation toolkit?

can you send a copy of your page.

cj381970

attached, thanks.

Attached Files
checkout.php.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you didn't answer my question:
What version of validation toolkit?

cj381970

version 2.3.5

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I am not able to reproduce this issue.

What is your OS?

What version of Dreamweaver are you using?

cj381970

Mac OSX 10.6.4
CS4

cj381970

Any suggestions here? This extension is not working correctly.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...