close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Why make it complicated?

Thread began 9/22/2010 10:17 am by Jared Lui | Last modified 9/23/2010 11:54 am by Dani Chankhour | 665 views | 1 replies |

Jared Lui

Why make it complicated?

As web designers, most of us will have the images folder and css (whether in a folder or not) at the root level of our sites.

That's the hierchy we build with and expect. But when you used site sculptor it hides all of our useful files in a sitesculptor_assets folder.

This not only makes it a pain to locate but tends to break a lot of links. I have to go and manually edit every page and css document everytime. If you had left the images folder and the css at the root level everything would always work.

I see that during the process of moving our "assets" to the background that you create new folders called images and css for your admin files. Why not move your admin "assets" to the admin folder and leave the images and css folders of ours alone?

I want to see what WA and others think about this before I make a software request. Maybe I am whining but I have yet to not have to spend hours cleaning up code in the CMS to make the sites work.

Thanks,
Jared

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

The reason for storing the css and images in the assets folder is because if you created your site based on a custom template (not the default ones), then we also need to store any css or images referenced by the custom templates.

However, you should be able to move the files and folders in DW, and DW will automatically update the paths for your. I did a test by removing the CSS and Images folder from the root to Under the Admin folder, and then moved the css and images folder from under the assets folder to the root and DW was able to update the paths correctly.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...