close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Image Upload Issues

Thread began 9/17/2010 2:24 pm by martin400112 | Last modified 9/20/2010 1:53 pm by Dani Chankhour | 837 views | 3 replies |

martin400112

Image Upload Issues

Hi all,

I'm using HTML Editor and I have an image upload using the Advanced File Management.

Firstly though - the upload directory is set to 777 and it is just fine.

Secondly - if I click on either of the image buttons on the website to bring up the image window (attachment 001) and click the upload button, find the file and click 'Send it to the Server', it says the upload was OK, but the is missing in the page...and nowhere to be found on the server, anywhere.

This is the same for both images buttons.

However, if I 'Browse the Server' and upload from there (attachment 002), there are no problems at all.

Obviously, I could talk my client into uploading by browsing the server first, but this would defeat the object of having an upload button such as attachment 001....

To try to solve the issue, I ripped out the HTML Editor from the admin page and then reapplied it, but the same issue is occuring. I've double checked the upload directory permissions and they are 777...now I'm stuck!

Can someone please help me with how I can get round this problem.

Many thanks,

Martin

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

The image is uploaded the same whether you use the Upload Tab or the Browse Server Button. And if you are getting the alert 'Your file has been successfully uploaded', then the image should be in your images upload directory.

As a test, When you upload an image using the Browse Server Button and insert it to the HTMLEditor, is the image shown in the Editor?

martin400112

Hi. Thanks for your reply.

I've tried that and the image is nowhere to be seen. I've looked in all the directories on the site and the image is not there. It is not showing in the HTML editor at all...just the red 'x' to show the image is missing.

The upload via the server browse window works fine though.

very confusing.

Thanks,

Martin

Dani Chankhour

I have opened a support ticket to further assist you with this issue:

supporthistory.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...