Problems or Bugs DataAssist Wizard
When I started using the Datassist Wizard on my new laptop I could not get it working right. Testing the pages gave me a lot of errors like 'Notice: Undefined offset:' and 'You have an error in your SQL syntax'.
So I started to look what could be wrong. Everything worked fine on my old laptop, no problems at all. To see the errors you can look at the page: errors_webassist.html
I found the following things that made it go wrong.
In my databases I often name the ID field like Id_cat or Id-item, always with underscore.
That caused a problem in the making of SQL querries by the wizard. It did not create trhe right parameters.
Now I changed the underscore to - or removed it and the wizard creates the right parameters again.
For the other problem with the undefined offset there is another problem. That one I have not solved but is easy to fix manualy. The wizard does not set the right data types in the update or insert behaviours.
I am using Dreamweaver CS4 on Windows 7 Ultimate 64.
DataAssist version is 2.0.7
The language is Dutch
Loet van Oostende