close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

form mailer in Japanese

Thread began 8/30/2010 8:18 pm by welcomcat385026 | Last modified 9/16/2010 6:21 am by Jason Byrnes | 3279 views | 12 replies |

welcomcat385026

form mailer in Japanese

How can I get form mails in Japanese or Chinese not in garbled text?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you can change the character set used for the email by editing the WA_UniversalEmail/WAUE_contact_1.php page.

find the following line:

php:
$WA_MailObject = WAUE_Definition("".($WAGLOBAL_Email_Server)  ."","25","","","","");

and add your selcted character set as the last argument:

php:
$WA_MailObject = WAUE_Definition("".($WAGLOBAL_Email_Server)  ."","25","","","","utf-8");

welcomcat385026

form mailer in Japanese text

I cannot receive e-mails from my site form, so I cannot confirm if the procedure worked. I read the forum "not receiving e-mail" and see if I can get some feedback from my hosting provider.

Will reply soon. etsuko

welcomcat385026

still no sign of receiving e-mail

I tried everything to be able to receive e-mails from my contact form.
Mail relay is done by GoDaddy formmailer@secureserver.net.
Any other suggestion?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

GoDaddy can be problematic.

Make sure your hosting account with them is a Linux account, their Windows hosting does not support php mail.

Globals file, the smtp server to use for GoDaddy is:
smtpout.sercureserver.net

and port 25

you may need to hard code the from address.
in the WA_Universal_Email/WAUE_contact_1.php file.

Find the line:

php:
$MailFrom = "".((isset($_POST["Email_address"]))?$_POST["Email_address"]:"") ."";

and change that to an address from your domain:

php:
$MailFrom = "me@mydomain.com";

you may also need to edit the mail_PHP.php file, try changing:

php:
$mailObj = mail($mailTo,$mailSubject,$mailContent,$mailHeader );

to:

php:
$mailObj = mail($mailTo,$mailSubject,$mailContent,$mailHeader , "-f".$mailFrom);

welcomcat385026

still not working

My account in web-hosting.aspx?ci=1782&prog_id=SecurityUrl supports php5 (forIIS7a/c). I have contacted them, however I still don't get the answer. Also I cannot find a line :$mailObj = mail($mailTo,$mailSubject,$mailContent,$mailHeader ); in mail-PHP.php.
My test 'contactus pages' are :
contactusJapBU.html(form without using WEBASSIST)
contactus.php(with WEBASSIST)
The below is an e-mail coming through form mailer
button: send
ename: ????
enge-mail: info@transwebjp.com
tel_number: ???? (when numbers are put in full-size character)
textarea: Test: sending form in Japanese

welcomcat385026

How am I incorporate the below into formmailer.

Could you investigate this :
That is amazing how easy it is to fix any problem as soon as it gets to the status of the ex-problem. After I found the way to make my email work on GoDaddy with their Form Mailer, I took another look at SMTP and sure enough all peaces readily fall into place. Here is step-by-step instruction on how to setup and use SMTP with GoDaddy – the way God intended.

1. Get GoDaddy’s email account. I believe it comes with any domain registration or hosting package for free. Do not use external POP account (Google, Yahoo, Hotmail etc.). They all require SSL and custom port and you’ll get nothing but trouble. So sign up for internal GoDaddy mail account, your SMTP server will be smtp.secureserver.net (or whatever they assign you). The reason SMTP did not work for me is exactly that – it was blocked by firewall on my hosting server. So, let’s say you have domain “smith.com” with GoDaddy. When you create email account you will set user name and password, let’s say it is “john” and “password”. And your server is “smtp.secureserver.net”. This is how you create your client then:

2. In your code, create message - the usual way:

using System.Net.Mail;

MailMessage message = new MailMessage();
message.From = newMailAddress("me@us.com");
message.To.Add(new MailAddress("you@them.com"));
message.Subject = "test";
message.Body = "This is test";
3. Set up client and send message:

SmtpClient smtp = new SmtpClient("smtp.secureserver.net");
smtp.Credentials = new System.Net.NetworkCredential("john","password");
smtp.Port = 25;
smtp.EnableSsl = false;
smtp.Send(message);
Pretty easy - ones you understand why your message is not getting to smtp.gmail.com with SSL on through the port 465 (583, 995…). Because they all closed!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the problem is this:
The contact form solution pack uses the php mail function. GoDaddy windows hosting accounts do not support the php mail() function.

the mail function is only supported on GoDaddy's Linux hosting accounts.
GoDaddy will tell you otherwise, but Google is littered with people that cannot get mail sending using the mail() function on GoDaddys Windows hosting accounts.

Do not confuse what I am saying as meaning GaDaddy's windows hosting accounts do not support php.

I am only saying GoDaddy's windows hosting accounts do not support the mail() PHP function call.

the line:

php:
$mailObj = mail($mailTo,$mailSubject,$mailContent,$mailHeader);

is at line 254 of the mail_PHP.php file

welcomcat385026

secureserver.net (Linux)

I checked old thread re:godaddy and did every possible thing and I still cannot receive e-mails using WA formmailer. I used another thirdparty formmailer.php and received e-mails but in garbled text.

welcomcat385026

!&! hosting

Getting really desperate, have to find a host to deal with the issue. How could I test if form mail with Japanese input works with 1&1?. One more question: with 1&1 business a/c, 25 FTP means I can run 25 websites?. Best regards etsuko

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...