close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

cart in ssl not redirecting to checkout.php

Thread began 8/29/2010 6:07 pm by watercolor346374 | Last modified 8/30/2010 11:54 am by Jason Byrnes | 4168 views | 12 replies |

watercolor346374

cart in ssl not redirecting to checkout.php

Hello,
Well it was working then I uploaded a revised version of the cart, recoded for the ssl and now when I click on check out, I go into the ssl and I get the page that says your cart is empty. It does not go to my checkout.php page. Here is what is in my browser:
cart.php instead of :
checkout.php
I am not sure if I left something out in the code, so I have included my cart.php page. I need to get this site up and running by Monday night...I would appreciate heip.
Thank you,
K
If you would like to see what happens you can go to:
index.php
site is in a test file.

Attached Files
cart.php.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the problem is that you are changing domains.

See the "Applying SSL to your eCart checkout" tutorial on the eCart support page:
ecart/

watercolor346374

ssl

Hi,
It worked when I originally set it up, then I changed the cart and reuploaded it. The ssl cert is under kshotz.com. I should be able to use this for other domains under kshotz.com. That is what I was told by Host Gator. I did read the article, I have ecart 4 so I read the one titled SSL and ecart sites. From the looks of it I would have to redo my checkout page. Is this so? Then I am wondering why it previously worked when I set the redirect to the https.
When I go into my ssl files I do see the files for my test site and I have been uploading new cart and checkout and confirm to it as I upload to my http site. Still stumped as to why it worked before and not now.
K

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the issue is that you are changing domains when going to the ssl server.

you have the normal pages at:
index.php

and the ssl page at:
cart.php

the first is using the domain:
www.karenshotz.com

the second is using a different domain:
www.kshotz.com/

the tutorial i linked to previously will walk you through the procedure of passing the cart contents to the ssl domain.

watercolor346374

ssl

Karenshotz.com is under the domain of kshotz.com karenshotz.com is a sub domain of kshotz.com. I was told that should not make a difference using the ssl. so the redirect to the ssl would be the path: checkout.php, wouldn't it? I did the tut for ecart4 re setting up an ssl. When I was doing the checkout page, none was made, my old one still existed. Is this a problem? I uploaded the cart, checkout, confirm and wacart pages to my http and https and I still get:
cart.php in my browser...no passing to checkout.php
Thank you,
K

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

it does make a difference with sessions.

the issue is this:

The browsing session creates a cookie on the client computer with n ID.

Cookies are domain based.

As far as a cookie is concerned, the address:
www.karenshotz.com

and:
www.kshotz.com/

are 2 different domains. It does not matter how you register them, they are still 2 differant domains.

even the addresses:
www.karenshotz.com

and
karenshotz.com

would be considered 2 different domains by the session cookie.

when you have 2 different domains, you need to pass the session information from one to the other.

the tutorial I linked to originally has instructions on how to accomplish this.

watercolor346374

ssl

Hi,
Do I have to have ecart5? I have ecart4.

watercolor346374

ssl

Thank you, Jason. I am getting through now. Only one item is not being passed and that is my promo code discount. How would I put the code into the checkout.php page where the rest of the variables are beign passed?
<tr>
<td class="eC_SummaryLabel">WWMAG 20%</td>
<td>-<?php echo WA_eCart_DisplayMoney($winkee, $winkee->GetDiscounts()); ?></td>
</tr>
Also has a session:
<?php
if (!session_id()) session_start();
if((((isset($_POST["txtpromocode"]))?$_POST["txtpromocode"]:"") != "")) {
$_SESSION["promocode"] = "".((isset($_POST["txtpromocode"]))?$_POST["txtpromocode"]:"") ."";
}
?>
Thank you,
K

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the hidden form that is created on the cart page, create a new hidden form element:

php:
<input type="hidden" name="txtpromocode" value="</php echo(isset($_SESSION["promocode"])?$_SESSION["promocode"]:""); ?>" />

watercolor346374

ssl

Hi Jason,
I put the hidden field in the cart page...discount does not pass to the confirm. do I need to add any thing to the checkout page?
Thank you,
K

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...