close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

CSS Form Builder 2 Build GMC2 Available for WCE

Thread began 8/20/2010 2:25 pm by Anna Robinson | Last modified 8/27/2010 5:33 am by Ray Borduin | 2535 views | 15 replies |

Anna Robinson

CSS Form Builder 2 Build GMC2 Available for WCE

We're excited to announce that we have a beta version of CSS Form Builder 2 ready for WCE beta testing. You can download the build at CSSFormBuilder_GMC2.zip

The serial number is h9DsI-OqwQ4-0y9D6-5xIVS. There are a limited amount of activations so please do not install on more than 2 machines. This serial number will work until it goes live.

Features new to Version 2 are:
- user interface allows you to set up the form to be emailed
- files uploaded in the form can be uploaded to a folder of your choice
- html editor fields can be utilized
- theme-it has been integrated
- 3 new designs available, plus updates to brassy
- ability to define a progress bar associated with each design
- dynamic reference used for action page (to work with framework builder)
- ability to specify names for each form element

We look forward to any and all feedback!

---

Please remember that the beta build is only available to the WCE group so please do not report bugs or feedback in the regular support forums; use this forum to provide us input or ask questions.

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

One minor bug I found while putting it through the works is when you are actually editing the file upload inside the content builder portion. In the upload settings, you can specify an action if the file exists. If you select "Rename existing file" first and then try to switch to another option, it does update to the new option unless you cancel out and re-enter the editor.

Not sure if this affects all OS systems... I am on Mac Snow Leopard.

Regards,

Brian

anonymous

The new "slither" like themes are tremendous, by the way. A huge help when deploying forms as modules. I can see where these will be really handy with Framework Builder. Nice job.

David StringerBeta Tester

I seem to be having problems with a couple of things. I've accepted the defaults supplied with the exception of the telephone number. No matter which type of telephone number I try to set up, I get the message 'invalid format'

When I click on the Website Background 'Additional Details' the background of the text box changes to a white background - I presume this is correct at this time.

Under Project Purpose, having chosen an item from the dropdown list, I click in the 'Additional Details' box and this remains a grey background. I presumed that when given focus, this would revert to white as the previous text input. When this message is delivered, I again presume that it would be listed under the 'Additional Notes' heading, is this correct?

Lastly, I'm obviously missing a trick here, as whatever information I put into the email template, I still get the following headings in the delivered email:-

Your Email Title Goes Here
email subtitle area or directions can go here, below the title

Because I thought it might be a problem with my computer, I have uninstalled the extension and re-installed it on two separate occasions now, still without resolving any of this.

Unlike Brian at Sojo web, I'm on a Windows XP Pro system with 3GB of ram, using CS4.

At the moment, the form can be viewed at enquiry.php

I have deleted the WinFileCache on both occasions too!

Hope this helps!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like it expects a US format for the phone number... when I entered a 10 digit number, it did accept it.

The grey and white colors are the active and original background colors... this is configurable in the form design, and seems to function as expected.

That is the correct email content as well... the only thing that it seems you are missing is that the email content can be edited directly. There is a page in the webassist/email/templates/ folder that you can edit to replace and customize the email body.

I think most of these issues are as designed, but I'll try calling you tomorrow to look into them and figure out your expectations and how we might be able to adjust the workflow and/or functionality to make it work more like you had expected.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I got caught up in my monday routine and it is too late to call you now probably.

I'll try to give you a ring earlier in my day tomorrow.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

anonymous

One bug I am running into - at least I think it is a bug - is the "Tweak It" feature on Theme It tab. When I try to enter number and hit tweak it, I get this error:

"While executing onClick in wa_managetheme.htm, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:

At line 1832 of file "Macintosh HD:Users:username:Library:Application Support:Adobe:Dreamweaver CS5:en_US:Configuration:Commands:wa_managetheme.js":
moveable[i].nerColor has no properties"

Now, I have not tried a restart to see if that fixes it yet as I just started testing out the functionality of that feature. I will report any other findings or if there is something I can do that fixes it.

Best regards,

Brian

anonymous

Never mind on the last bug... a restart of Dreamweaver seems to fix that problem.

anonymous

Issue when applying a form to a page created with Framework themes

This is a strange problem...

When I try to apply a form to a page that was created with the Framework Builder themes, the styles and many of the includes do not make it into the head of the document. The result is form that has no style. And while the server validation are there, none of the client javascripts get written into the head either.

I can, however, create a completely separate page as a plugin to hold the form created with the form builder and then I am able to use Framework Builder to include the plugin. But, that is the only way to get it to work so far.

Brian

anonymous

Another funny thing I found while updating a form's design is that every time form builder would rewrite the form, it would add another set of server validations. I am not sure if the one page I was working on had become wacky but after updating the design about 6 times, I had an additional set of server validations for each one.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...