close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Dynamic Plug-in Source

Thread began 8/12/2010 8:22 pm by Brainthief | Last modified 8/17/2010 7:42 am by Ray Borduin | 1179 views | 5 replies |

Brainthief

Dynamic Plug-in Source

I would like to select my plug in source from my database.
If I select my page as a data source using the dynamic plug-in, it breaks the page;
$WA_DynamicFrameworkPlugin_1 = new WA_Include("<?php echo $row_rs_sss_pages['pag_file']; ?>");

It should be home.php.

Plug-in Source - Browse for the plug-in file that you are adding.
Your plug-in source must be a PHP file.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This looks like a bug. The code should read:

$WA_DynamicFrameworkPlugin_1 = new WA_Include("" .$row_rs_sss_pages['pag_file']. "");

I'll log this issue and make sure we get a fix out in a dot release soon.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Brainthief

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  This looks like a bug. The code should read:

$WA_DynamicFrameworkPlugin_1 = new WA_Include("" .$row_rs_sss_pages['pag_file']. "");

I'll log this issue and make sure we get a fix out in a dot release soon.  

Thanks Ray.
Any idea how soon a dot release will be?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We'll probably wait a week or two to make sure we catch any other issues. We already have 3-4 things to fix, but so far they all seem pretty easy to handle like this one. It could change if something larger comes up, but as it stands it looks like it should be sometime right around the end of the month.

Brainthief

Also, If the page is not found, you only get;
Framwork file not found:
on a white page.

It doesn't show the "index.php"
How can I show the index.php page along with a custom error where the include should be?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The current version does not include error handling for missing files.

However if you leave a blank trigger value in the dynamic plugin, it will use that one if none of the other trigger values are found as the default, so that may work in your case.

What is the situation where the file doesn't exist? How are you setting it up so that this is a common error you need to account for? Maybe we need to add a feature to better account for this, so I'm interested in what you are looking for.

You may be able to simply delete the die(); statement causing the code to stop running and then your server 404 page would be displayed. Perhaps that is the only change we need to make. I'd like a better description of why and where you run into a page not found issue so I can give the proper advice on addressing it.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...