close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Site Sculptor - no navigation added??

Thread began 8/08/2010 4:51 am by info410467 | Last modified 8/11/2010 7:21 am by Jason Byrnes | 1901 views | 4 replies |

info410467

Site Sculptor - no navigation added??

Hi,

I'm not sure if it is something I have done, but I created a site template and imported it into SS. I then site my site up and uploaded it to my server, linked it to the database. When I view the live site the home page displays ( testsite ). The problem is there is no navigation....

Can someone enlighten me to the error or help me correct the error.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

when creating a custom template to use as a site design in site sculptor, you will need to add the following editable regions:
* Navigation: For inserting the navigation menu
* Content: For inserting the page's content
* Footer: For inserting the footer links

My guess is that your template does not have a navigation editable region for site sculptor to insert the menu.

See the following documentation for creating custom templates:
creating-custom-templates.php

info410467

Hi,

I have created all these editable areas and have uploaded the site as a 'preset'. Everything look fine, but when I go to create the site the content page does not show the navigation. The 'home page' shows the navigation, but the content page I have uploaded does not.

My template file has a few editable regions and another issue I have is that the footer is not editable even though I specified it as the footer when I imported the template.....

This is only causing a problem when I try to build the site....??

I'm a little puzzled by this and I have no idea how to get around this issue. I can see that the writer files are being created and script to add navigation is in the correct place.

Can you offer any suggestions?

webdesignfreebies311292

I'm having the same problem

I've recreated the site many times but always the same problem...no navigation. Please help! This is what the code looks like in my Top Navigation after running Site Sculptor.

<div class="art-nav">
<div class="l"></div>
<div class="r"></div>
<!-- InstanceBeginEditable name="Top Navigation" --><?php echo WA_getCMSContent($database_PowerCMSConnection, $PowerCMSConnection, 'Calendar' , 'Top Navigation'); ?><!-- InstanceEndEditable -->
</div>

There is no mention in there of CSS Menu Writer although I specified in Site Sculptor that that is where the navigation should be placed. All Site Sculptor has done is make it an editable region via the Content Management System. It's as though Site Sculptor just ignored my request to insert the navigation there.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
login.php

zuffster370186

Editable Region Tags

When inserting editable regions, should the editable region tags be inside the DIV container or outside the DIV tags (see below)? While running Site Sculptor (SS), I used two custom templates; one for the home page and the second for the sub pages. The sub page template was originally built from the first template (minus a few DIVs). After SS built the pages, the horizontal nav on the home page was pushed all the way to the left overflowing the outer container while the horizontal nav on all the sub pages was correctly positioned within the menu container (no overflow). When I compared the code view on both the index.php and one of the sub pages, the horizontal nav on the home page only displayed the CSSMenuWriter code for the Nav and was missing its opening and closing DIV tags to the menu container. The sub pages rendered just fine with the opening and closing DIV tags surrounding the CSSMenuWriter code. Do I need to just use one custom template for both the main and sub pages when running site sculptor?

Inside example:

<div id="MainMenu" class="grid_12"><!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="MainMenu" -->Menu Content<!-- TemplateEndEditable --></div>

OR

Outside...

<!-- TemplateBeginEditable name="MainMenu" -->
<div id="MainMenu" class="grid_12"></div>
<!-- TemplateEndEditable -->

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the div should be outside the editable region.

if you have the div inside the editable region, it will not be applied to the child pages, only code that is outside the editable region tags on the template gets applied to the child pages.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...