close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

admin site all screw up

Thread began 8/02/2010 8:11 pm by nathan | Last modified 8/04/2010 10:59 am by Eric Mittman | 1138 views | 3 replies |

nathan

admin site all screw up

On the admin site - content management - for my client, it is all screw up. First, none of the images are there. When you move mouse on any of the menu choices, the url path is not correct.

For example, "http://www.airbornavionics.com/airborneavionics3/admin/activity.php" is a path that keeps showing. It doesn't work because the "airborneavionics3" should not be there. And I don't know how to fix it. With the main site, I went into CSSMenuwriter folder for content/home menu.php and took out that "airborneavionics3" and left it at( $WA_localRoot = "/" and $WA_remoteRoot = "/" ) and the site works fine. But the menu.php for the admin pages doesn't have that.

It has the following:
$WA_localRoot = "" . $WAGLOBAL_pcms_remote_root . "";
$WA_remoteRoot = "" . $WAGLOBAL_pcms_remote_root . "";

No matter what I do (adding "/" between the ""'s), it will not work. Any suggestions?

I attached the file in question.

Attached Files
menu.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

You are probably getting this value from the database when SiteSculptor generated all of the pages. You should take a look at your db and look at the wa_settings table where you can adjust these URLs, the setting is PCMS Remote Root. This should get the menu working for you.

nathan

Yep...that worked

Thanks, Eric...that did the trick. I can access all the pages on content management site. Now if the pictures will download, I will be happy. The pictures I am talking about are the buttons, etc. Not too critical, I guess. Any ideas? IF not, that is okay...Thanks for your solution.

Eric Mittman

On the admin pages you can highlight an area where the image should be and view the source. This should let you see what the source of the image is set to. The images paths should start with ../ in the admin area. The images are located in the images directory in the root of the site. If you have any further trouble with this post back with the values that are being used for the current images so we can find out what is wrong.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...