close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 or 2018 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problems with spanish characters

Thread began 8/02/2010 9:47 pm by Miguel | Last modified 8/10/2010 10:22 am by Jason Byrnes | 2359 views | 5 replies |

Miguel

Problems with spanish characters

Hello again i just upgraded to get this nice boss thing it does the search but the site im working with is in spanish and all the characters are mess up

example on the search the word relación is shown on the search like this relación and i dont see any where how to fix it my page starts with


<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />



And my database is set to latin1_general_ci all the content shows fine on every page less when i do a search need help to fix this.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

try using the utf-8 character set:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

Sign in to reply to this post

Miguel

The problem with using utf-8 is that i would first have to change even the manager and database colliation and also i have found a lot of problems with utf-8 and using spanish but will try.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm not suggesting utf-8 for the database collation, only in the meta tag:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

Sign in to reply to this post

Miguel

Thank you Jason for your response i did what you suggested the search added the acent and special character but the rest of the site broke the special characters so i had to change the collition in the database and on every single page, the good point it is under test so the end user of the site has not added any content yet but now everything is under utf-8, any users that still use old versions of mozilla or IE like IE6 or 5 will get javascript errors on dependant drop down list but on this site i dont have any dependant drop down box dont work with utf-8 on old version browsers new version dont have that problem.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Ok, glad to hear it is working.

Sign in to reply to this post

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...